“Good but a bit overrated”
Review of Bridgeman's Restaurant - CLOSED

Bridgeman's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atherton Road
Description: Bridgeman's features traditional Central Italian Cuisine, combines a distinctive atmosphere with casual elegance and offers tastefully appointed upper and lower level ocean-view dining rooms, a spacious seasonal outdoor patio with fire table, an open theater-style kitchen, full-service bar seating, and ample public parking. Bridgeman's is also available for private functions for up to 70 guests.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good but a bit overrated”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It's nice to know there is a "nice" restaurant in town since Hull mostly consists of beach bars and breakfast joints. You will always get great service and they do have a fantastic wine selection. There's a small bar (maybe 8 seats?) and the bartenders are friendly and knowledgable. The atmosphere is great for an intimate dinner with a significant other or some friends. It tends to get crowded so I wouldn't recommend taking a large party here unless you're in no rush. They have an open kitchen concept so if you are in the right seats you can see the chef's preparing your meals, which I always like. The food is definitely good- all higher end meal selections that change throughout the year. The restaurant also offers specials pretty regularly, and they have outdoor seating in nicer weather. I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there, so it's definitely safe to say you will almost always have a good experience, but at the same time, I don't think I've ever left and felt "Wow'd" either. I think I could go into Boston, or to a fancy spot in Hingham/Cohasset and have a better meal for the same or less cost, which is why I didn't give this place 5 stars. Prices aren't bad, in terms of going out to dinner, but I would think the quality of the food would be better for what you pay for. Definitely give it a try.

• Visited October 2013

Boston, MA
“Bridgeman's”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely and elegant. Good food selections. Nice atmosphere for conversation. Did not love the calamari appetizer but entrees were good (scallops and salmon).

Visited January 2014
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I have to say this is a wonderful restaurant and excellent atmosphere! We went in on a quiet night which was really nice. We had a wonderful bartender name Kimberly who was very nice and great service! From the seared scallop appetizer to the best banana fosters desert ( A MUST!!!), the food was absolute delicious! It is right across from the beach so it is a great location as well. I highly recommend this place!

• Visited January 2014
“Flawless”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friends were looking to have lunch in the Hull area. Most of the restaurants were not open due to the storm. We ended up at Bridgeman's. 3 of us ordered Pan Fried cod and I have got chicken parm. All of the dishes were perfectly cooked and our server was nice. Definitely will be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ogursoy
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful place for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I like to have lunch here and have a bowl of lobster bisque or their fried clams. They also are across from the beach so the space is inviting. I did not realize till recently that they have a second floor where the view is even better.

• Visited October 2013