“Noticably improved”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Sometimes you just want some Chinese food. Hull Jade has recently improved in both take out and when we decide to eat lunch at one of their 2 tables. We turn down the TV and have some tea and the inexpensive, tasty hot lunch specials are delivered to our table. The gruff smoking man was replaced by a taciturn youth woman and now by a very pleasant younger man. Is he why the food tastes better now? The cooks always look up when someone comes in. Maybe they do a better job when you nod to them. Whatever it is keep it up!

1  Thank Timothy5

Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

As good as you'll find and reasonable enough pricing. Never had a bad dish from here. Strictly take out... Too bad, but like I said the food is just fine.

1  Thank ejja55
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were unfortunate enough to order a take out meal from Hull Jade last Friday night. It was the worse take out I have ever eaten. We ordered 5 different dishes between 3 of us - which cost $60 (plus tip). The food was delivered to our house. The driver refused to allow me to take the food bags from him until he had counted the money. Where was I going to run to???? I ordered a starter of Fried Jumbo Shrimp. There were about a dozen shrimp in the bag - each one similar in size to half a worm encased in a thick soggy batter - the size of a doughnut. The oil oozed out of them when we prodded them. We couldnt eat them at all. There were 4 chicken or shrimp main courses - we found a few tiny stands of meat/fish (equivalent to a tablespoonful) between all 4 dishes. The cartons were packed full of celery, half raw carrots and onions. The sides of rice were inedible. I would say 98% of the food went into the bin. Do not eat here if you can help it.

So, Jade Hull - you take the honour of being the worse take away I have ever eaten anywhere in the world.

1  Thank Martina O
Reviewed June 2, 2008

As residents, we often get takeout from Hull Jade. The House Fried Rice is particularly good, and the Thai menu items are a nice change from the usual Chinese Restaurant fare. The food is fresh and the service is quick.

2  Thank Dood1

Been to Hull Jade? Share your experiences!