“Schooners is the real deal!”
Review of Schooner's

Schooner's
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
“Schooners is the real deal!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy, and the place could use renovation, but the food is consistantly yummy. We have always found everyone here pleasant enough. Get the meatloaf or the homemade soups! Delish!

Hull, Massachusetts
“Great spot for comfort food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great food at modest prices, wide variety of menu items, right across from the bech. Don't skip the clam chowder!

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, affordable, a local favorite”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We were in the area and wanted to get a bite to eat. It was Valentine's Day. I had called three places that were booked solid. A friend who knows the area told me it is where all the local people go. I called for reservations and was ASSURED we didn't need them. So off we went. The first thing we were greeted with by the woman doing the seating was a gruff, "Do you have reservations." We explained about calling. Her response: You didn't talk to ME! She took our name but couldn't assure us how long we'd wait. In came another group with the exact same story. Called ahead, told reservations not needed, gruff response from the woman in charge. Even when a woman came in who said she had reservations, this lady was curt because she had showed up a few minutes later than her reservation...but she found her a seat. For all her gruff exterior, she did find us and the other group seats within about 20 minutes and all were happy.

As predicted by my friend, the food was excellent. The service once we were seated was excellent. There were two young bus boys who couldn't do enough for us. Once it was obvious that we were done with a dish, they were there to pick it up. If they keep up this work ethic, these kids are destined for success. Our waitress was also very nice. The decor is quite plain. It's definitely a no frills towny place...but well worth getting beyond the initial "greeter" who could use a bit of an attitude adjustment.

• Visited February 2014
“Angry Hostess”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I put in an order for pick up and the Hostess that took my order was rude and short with me. I called back to ask how long my order might take and the tone in the woman's voice was that I put her out asking such outrageous questions. When it was time to pick up the order, my significant other was lectured by waitstaff on the inability to to know specific times that food would be ready. My significant other then witnessed one of the staff members coughing in to our togo bag. Needless to say I'm not impressed and will not be returning.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Meredith P
Kiawah, SC
“Great fresh vegetables, seafood, value, friendly people.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Not the best view at Nantasket Beach but the food is fresh, excellent value and the people are friendly. Eat in the bar section if you are 1-3 people and chat with locals. Cheers-style place where everyone talks, buys each other drinks, jokes and exchanges tips with blue collar crowd.
Vegetable medley is good, portions are very large, enough for 2. Good value and service. Best place in Hull to eat.

• Visited July 2013