“Excellent food - large portions”
Review of Schooner's

Schooner's
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We were five people and all our selections were excellent. The portions were quite large - you'll probably have enough left over for a big late night snack. The prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Couldnt have been any better. Server was so gracious and hostess was unbelievable with accomodating us. Food was excellent and portions are huge. The quality was exceptional.We went back 3 nights in a row.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I usually don't write reviews, but I couldn't pass this opportunity up. - I have never been so disappointed eating out. After reading all the reviews I would have thought this restaurant could have blown me away. The seafood platter someone in my party ordered was a mess. The onion rings I had ordered were 1/4 the size expected, and all the food wa very greasy. The callimari was Ok, nothing more, nothing less. For 2 appetizers and 2 main meals, and no drinks (all water) the total was 66.43 plus tip ( which is a bit much considering the quality). A day later we went to the paragon grill down the road and were thrilled with the 9.95/Thursday prime rib special. I would not recommend schooners to a friend/vistor. All the good reviews leave me to believe ownership and friends of the owners wrote all the good reviews for schooners. The interior was far outdated and smelled of mold.

2  Thank Mgkommeth93
Reviewed July 28, 2012

since this restaurant is rated number one it was our first stop/ although the portions were plentiful we were very disapointed in the quality. the onion rings were sliced 1/4 inch thick and very greasy little crunch or flavor, fish was fresh,but again the batter was thin and oily the waitress seemed tired and bored at 4 45 pm the tab without drinks or tip was 68;00 for 4, no appetizers

1  Thank Angela D
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Having been to Hull several times to enjoy the views, we decided to take our friends there for an early dinner while they were visiting. We made reservations although at 5 o'clock, we probably didn't need them. As we walked toward Schooners, a guy was hawking "the best lobster rolls in the world" from a nearby sandwich shop. I asked him if they were better than Schooners and he said yes. We passed him by and entered Schooners. We were greeted right away by the hostess and seated at a nice table. I ordered the fish and chips, my wife the shrimp, my other friends the lobster sandwich. While this is not a fancy place, maybe a 3 for decor, the food was excellent. The bill was very reasonable and we all left full and happy. Apparently they do not offer my beverage of choice (beer) but the ice tea was good. Unfortunately my camera battery was exhausted due to my slackness in preparation so I don't have pictures or video.