“Local joint”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Local joint”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Clam chowder champs 3 years running. Friendly atmosphere mixed with tourists and locals. Good pricing and decent food.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Bobbyoutback

roslindale ma
“Best Chowder”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

While waking the lovely Nantasket beach we found this quaint bar-restaurant open. So in we went for the best thick ,creamy clam chowder iv'e had in years!! Service was fine.Price was only$4.99 for a big bowl!! Check it out!!

Quincy, MA
“Great value - real homestyle food!”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We love Schooners. It's a great basic place for delicious fresh food at a very reasonable price. The atmosphere is family-friendly and very casual. OK it's a little beat to be honest, but when you taste the mashed potatoes you won't care! The fish and chips is a huge portion and very fresh. I had a Greek salad last visit that was huge and yummy for $7.99. Drinks are well-made (try a cosmo!) and not over-priced. Extenisive menu gives you plenty to choose from and they also have nughtly specials. Try the tomato basil soup - it's AMAZING!

2 Thank janutee
Hull, Massachusetts, United States
“Can't say No if you don't want your order”
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Schooners has lost 2 loyal customers this weekend. I ordered a meal but when it came to me, it was not what I wanted. Actually, it was a mess. Soggy chips, basically inedible. When I told the server, she said in a loud beligerant voice, something like, 'you ordered it, you knew what it was, etc. etc.' The fact that I ordered a nacho dish but got a vomity looking mess didn't make any difference to her. I backed down and paid for it (9.00), ate a few soggy chips, and that was that. I won't be returning, even though I'm a "local."

• Visited March 2012
“Locals go there. It has to be good?”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We are lucky to be able to walk to this restaurant. We like the scallops and the comfort food meals. All the wait staff are locals. Prices are reasonable. We often get the pizza to go and you can't get better pizza for these prices. They do well even in the winter which says somrthing about the value in this seaside community. I don't think you can go wrong here. I only wish they would provide a larger glass for the soft drinks for which they charge $2.00. It's hard to get through the meal with one 8 or 10 ounce glass full of ice. Oh, I love the fact that they don't blast music during dinner.

1 Thank Brucerw