“Best food In Hull”

prime rib Healthy Breakfast start large portion"s great taste

Visited September 2011
2 Thank Christine L

Brownsfan82
“I now know why it's the best in Hull.”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Great food. The lobster roll was delicious. Only $16.00's for lobster the night we went. Two downfalls, the soda's are charged per every refill and the seating is close proximity. It was cramped, but I want to stress that I never have eaten a lobster roll and I'm only praying that any other rolls I eat in the future could be this good. Just a heads up, the restaurant and the bar are separate, but the dress code is light, you don't have to dress up. Once again, the food is priced I what I think it should be, however the refill of sodas shouldn't be charged. That is the only reason I gave the value a lower rating. And I don't like being crammed into a table that is too close to others, ie you cannot move your chair a half an inch back without bumping into your neighboring diners.

“Well worth the drive......”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Great food, friendly atmosphere, great service...... Not the prettiest joint, but the view from the front window is amaizing....... I recomend their chicken parm....

Boston, Massachusetts
“Schooners is the best place in Hull BY FAR”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

OMG so I'm addicted to Schooners. Its not much to look at but you can't beat the food, prices and service. The pub pizza is superb....the fried haddock sandwich is amazing....the lazyman's lobster came with a hearty serving of fresh lobster (for 16.99 i might add). By far it has the best food in Hull....I think way better than Jakes (who charges $29 for their lazymans lobster and it wasn't as good as Schooners nor did it have the same serving size). So don't pass this place by definitely stop in and check it out. Next week we will go back I'm dying to try the French Onion soup since I saw it being delivered to another table the other night...looks divine.

• Visited November 2011
Slough, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Might not look pretty but the food and service more than makes up for it”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had two excellent meals at Schooners while on our honeymoon.

The food and service is excellent. The portions are large (maybe too large!) and the quality good. The chicken sandwich (The Point Allerton, Grilled chicken breast with roasted red peppers and tarragon mayo on a toasted sub roll) was the best I've ever had.

We only intended to eat there only one night but because our experience was so good and because my husband had spotted the Monday night special, Liver and Bacon, on the menu we decided to go back.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We tipped these waitresses better than any others on this holiday.

• Visited October 2011