“Well worth the drive......”
Review of Schooner's

Schooner's
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Well worth the drive......”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Great food, friendly atmosphere, great service...... Not the prettiest joint, but the view from the front window is amaizing....... I recomend their chicken parm....

Boston, Massachusetts
“Schooners is the best place in Hull BY FAR”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

OMG so I'm addicted to Schooners. Its not much to look at but you can't beat the food, prices and service. The pub pizza is superb....the fried haddock sandwich is amazing....the lazyman's lobster came with a hearty serving of fresh lobster (for 16.99 i might add). By far it has the best food in Hull....I think way better than Jakes (who charges $29 for their lazymans lobster and it wasn't as good as Schooners nor did it have the same serving size). So don't pass this place by definitely stop in and check it out. Next week we will go back I'm dying to try the French Onion soup since I saw it being delivered to another table the other night...looks divine.

• Visited November 2011
Slough, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Might not look pretty but the food and service more than makes up for it”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

We had two excellent meals at Schooners while on our honeymoon.

The food and service is excellent. The portions are large (maybe too large!) and the quality good. The chicken sandwich (The Point Allerton, Grilled chicken breast with roasted red peppers and tarragon mayo on a toasted sub roll) was the best I've ever had.

We only intended to eat there only one night but because our experience was so good and because my husband had spotted the Monday night special, Liver and Bacon, on the menu we decided to go back.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. We tipped these waitresses better than any others on this holiday.

• Visited October 2011
Cork, Ireland
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We were entertaining friends during our recent holiday and we decided we would try Hull's no. 1 restaurant as voted by T/A. Big mistake. If this is Hull's best - then I don't know what to say. We made a reservation for 6 of us - it was unnecessary as the place was 75% empty. The first impression was, it reminded me of a very old rural cafe I used to visit in Ireland with my Grandmother when I was a child. The place stank of mould and disinfectant drain cleaner. Not a good aperitif!!!!!!! The waitress seemed bored and a bit fed up. The food was average enough. The nachos starter and calamari were quite nice. The scallop/shrimp stir fry's were Ok - nothing special. 2 of the party had pizzas - again they were OK - not very authentic. The steak tips - served with rice were tender - however there was no sauce or jus with the meal. I cannot understand how a chef could allow such a 'dry' bland meal be served to a table. We tried a portion of the bread pudding for dessert - it was awful. Coffees were nice. The bill came to $150 (plus tip) - which I felt was a bit much for a very unimaginative and average meal. I left feeling annoyed - as I could have cooked a superior meal myself for a fraction of the cost.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Martina O
hull
“Great hometown dive”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I am a gourmet at heart but for great, cheap home cooking Schooners is the place to go. Great daily specials. Pizza is the best in town. Everything on the menu available for take out. Best atmosphere on the bar side. Home town crowd...except on beach days. Great breakfast value. Friendly waitstaff.