“Great View, Okay stay"”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Chicago, Illinois
“Great View, Okay stay"”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I stayed in the Clarion for one week during the beginning of April. First off, the view from my room was WONDERFUL! I had one window and a slider door. The only drawback to the slider and deck area was that it was really tiny, but it was also on the top floor (the roof was at a funny angle) and I think that had something to do with it.
This hotel was right on Nantasket Beach, so when its nice, the parking can be somewhat awful. Its also around some really good restaurants, which was great.
The hotel room itself was somewhat different than what you expected. Although it was clean, the decor was very outdated. The bathroom was less than clean and could have used a DEEP clean and a remodel.
Overall, the beach view/boardwalk justified the hotel stay itself. I can for sure recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2010

While traveling to a nearby town for a family reunion, we made reservations to stay at this hotel. When we tried to check in at Choice/Clarion at 7:30 p.m. that Sunday night, we were notified that the hotel does not accept pets. The desk clerk noted that the Choice/Clarion’s reservation system showed that the reservation indicated a pet was coming.
Importantly – and to our great disappointment – Choice/Clarion made no effort to help us find alternative accommodations; and we had no way of finding them on our own. Choice/Clarion simply let us go into the night. So, late on that Sunday we made the nearly 200 mile return trip home to Connecticut, from where we had departed that morning. Obviously, we were forced to cancel our participation in the remainder of our family reunion.
We are seasoned travelers, having many years of business and personal travel experience both here and abroad; yet, in all those years we have never been treated even remotely as badly as we were by Choice/Clarion. Choice/Clarion management’s behavior was disgraceful and unwarranted.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank abandoned60763
Hull, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 9, 2010

If you like being across the road from the pounding serf, this is it. While there was nothing outstandingly bad, there wasn't much good. It certainly had enough parking, and the view was magnificent, if you were on the ocean side, but there was something cold and impersonal about it. At the time we were there, the weather was cold and windy, but there was nothing warm and inviting about this place. some of the rooms have gas fireplaces, but even those weren't enought to make me feel comfortable. The service was indifferent, ans except for the reception desk, no one seemed to speak or understand English.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paparika
Johnston, Rhode Island
Reviewed April 24, 2010

We went during the April school vacation. Our room was clean and with a wonderfull view of the ocean. We used the refrigerator, microwave oven (right in our room), turned on the fireplace in our room for a few minutes - didn't need it, just wanted to see it lite. jetted tub was cool too. Nice size indoor pool - they just need a few more tables and chairs. We met a women who has been there three times already during school vacation weeks. We will definitely be back!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rhondamike
Dutchess County, NY
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Came to town for my daughter-in-law's bridal shower. Picked this hotel for its proximity to the town where the party was held. It turned out to be a much-needed retreat for me. Ran on the beach every morning, made use of the gym, private whirlpool and fireplace at every opportunity. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The staff was especially helpful and solicitous, which I appreciated since I don't often travel alone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathryn S
Boston
Reviewed March 10, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Clarion for a wedding. It was better then I had expected. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. The hotel was clean and we had a great view of the ocean! After the wedding we had a few drinks at the hotel bar and it seemed to be a very popular spot. Our room had a fireplace in it which was a nice feature, especially for early March. Overall we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abber413
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My husband and I went on a one night getaway to the Clarion. I was looking forward to a nice soak in the whirlpool tub. Unfortunately, the tub was dirty, and that ruined any "wanting" of a soak in the tub. I could have called for Housekeeping, but I could see they were busy and didn't want to wait for them. That being said, the ROOM itself was very clean. The room had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and a gas fireplace. The hotel is located directly across the street from the beach. At 1:30 in the morning, we were awoken by a young child running up and down the hallways yelling "I'm lost". Talk about nearly falling out of the nice comfy bed!! Also wondered why a young child was out of his room alone, at that hour. We didn't eat at the restaurant located in the hotel. The price was $19.99 per person for their restaurant's brunch. We went to The Saltwater Diner located on Nantasket Ave. for half the price and the food was good. All in all, we really did enjoy ourselves. I really don't know if I will return to this hotel. Upon checkout, after telling them about the whirpool and the lost child in the middle of the night, they offered me a BOGO during the month of March which we couldn't do. It was hard enough to save the $115.00 for this night. I really don't know if I would return to this hotel. I will say "yes", but will tell them to make sure the Whirpool tub is clean. Honestly, the room was wonderful and we had a great time. Had it not been for the dirty whirpool, I would have given this hotel five stars. I can't fault the hotel for a screaming child.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ibw59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
Best Western Rockland
#1 of 3 in Rockland
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!