“Familly vacation August 19th to 25th” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

You added Nantasket Beach Resort to your Saves list
Nantasket Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hull Shore Drive, Hull, MA 02045 (Formerly Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Gatineau
“Familly vacation August 19th to 25th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I would like to say, the staff of the hotel is very professionnal. At any time we needed information they were there and we received very good advise. For our trip at Boston, the lady at the client services desk gave us the right nformation. We took the ferry from Quincy to Boston a lovely trip of 30 minutes. We asked for a restaurent with Gluten free meal and she offered us to go to the Fiore Restaurant Italian. Very goog meal. I would recooment this resort for a lovely vacation

Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights, from August 26 to August 29.

I had the cheaper room with a king size bed on second floor of the south building. The room is big enough to not be bothered by space. It didn't have a balcony. It was on the street size, but the view is not that bad, because we see some landscape.

Around 11 PM on August 27, a fire started in the kitchen. All the guesses had to get out of the building. Then the hotel had lot of problem to stop the alarm, so even if the fire was handled, we had problem to sleep due to the continuous start/stop of the alarm. We didn't receive any apologies from the hotel.

The hotel is close to the beach but on the other side from the road. The interior swimming pool has a relatively good ambiance, they can open the roof when it's nice outside, and some of the guess balcony are almost on top of the swimming pool.

The flat screen TV is like 42 inches, but doesn't have any button on the TV or remote to allow to use the HDMI inputs, so I was unable to show on it the kids movies from my laptop HDMI output. I asked the hotel to fix the issue but they told me they are not able to.

The restaurant of the hotel has some interesting deal every dinner. For example, on Tuesday is 2 entrees + one bottle of wine for $30.00.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came to this hotel for a wedding. We had 4 girls in a room with 2 double beds! We were hoping they would be at least queen sized! If a hotel allows 4 people to stay in a room with 2 beds, they should be queen size! This is my only complaint! The room was plenty spacious though. Loved the balcony and fireplace. The whole property was awesome Loved the bar/restaurant. Loved the stunning location too! I would definitely stay here again on a vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielle S
Revere, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The staff was very nice and friendly. The rooms were beautiful - fireplace and jacuzzi tub were a nice touch. Beautiful views of the beach and everything is within walking distance. However, I agree with other poster's that have said it looks nicer in pics than in reality. Still a very nice stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

A decent location across from the beach and near attractions in Hull. That's about the only good thing I can say because the hotel itself is just plain rundown. Everything from the furniture in the room to the hallways and single small elevator from the lobby. It's surprising they can charge top dollar for such dated accommodations. If you get a deal for a night, it's a good location. Otherwise I can't recommend it.

6 Thank luckyducktravel
Dudley, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had brought my sister in law and Aunt to Nantasket Beach for a little get away. The hotel staff Kathy and Josh were wonderful. I first called to get a room for a night and speaking with Kathy was wonderful. When to my surprise to find her behind the desk at the hotel. Not like other hotels in which the phone service company take reservations. The rooms were clean and listening to the ocean waves all night gave me a restful sleep. I would also like to mention the valet staff were great and helpful. We needed to get to mass on Saturday night at 4:30 and they had our car ready for us before we came down to the lobby.

Room Tip: The room we had 261 had a great view.
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came for a wedding close by and expected to have a nice stay and enjoy the beach/pool before and after. The hotel was extremely disappointing. The pictures on the website look nice, but are misleading. The hotel was rundown - it seems like it may have been decent 30 years ago. The rooms felt dirty and old (and smelled). The general quality of the rooms, pool area and other amenities were among the worst that I have ever experienced. I am shocked that they are able to get away with the rates of that they are charging. Given the quality of this hotel, I do not feel that it would have been worth more than $100 per night.

In general, if you are expecting a nice beach resort, look elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
Holiday Inn Rockland
#1 of 82 in Boston
4.5 of 5 stars 3,458 reviews
East Boston / Logan Airport
Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!