“pleasant Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hull
Boston, Massachusetts
“pleasant Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in a wedding block. It was during the Holidays so it was decorated very festive. My date and I (and other couples) had a really hard time finding our rooms as the directions were very confusing and the hallways are not well marked. We had a partial view room which did offer a great view of the ocean. Our room also had a fireplace which added to the quaint ambiance of the room. Overall, it was a nice place, especially for a large wedding party. Brunch the next day was very good, the restaurant was just very understaffed (probably given the time of year.)

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cat P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

"Ugh" is what I think when I recall the not so great night spent at the Nantasket Beach Resort. I had learned about the Resort through Expedia and was impressed by the affordable rate of approx. $70, rating of 4+ stars and proximity referenced to Logan - 15 miles. Well, the 15 miles are surface streets mostly, and took 45+ minutes, the Resort parking lot wasn't convenient and it was rainy, windy and cold, AND we couldn't easily find our room. The room was okay, but only because of the fireplace and jetted tub. The worst of the "ugh" was that It ended up being too loud in the room from traffic down below on the street to actually get a good night of sleep :( Wouldn't stay here again, although the food in the restaurant was good! :)

Room Tip: Whatever you do - if you are a light sleeper - do not stay on the street side! No clue what the oth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Dennis B
york,pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

While visiting relatives in Hull we had breakfast at the Paragon Grill located inside the Nantasket Beach Resort. Our server, Megan was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable, food was delicious and the water view was perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bobthoman
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Conveniently located across the street from Nantasket Beach, this hotel offered some good amenities: nice workout room with 6 cardio machines and various weights; decent-sized indoor, heated pool for lap swim and a nice hot tub; on-site restaurant. The room itself was a bit cramped (king suite), but the offerings within the hotel were a good compensation. I stayed here in mid-November when the town itself seemed "closed for the season", but it was still nice.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look out onto the Ocean - go for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank M
Poultney, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice location, but things have changed since it was the Clarion. I was charged an $8.00 per night resort fee. When I asked what that included I was told for free parking. I was told to park on the street. So they charged me to park in public parking. I paid cash and did not get a receipt, when I asked I was told I would get it at check out, after insisting, I got it.I had to leave a credit card for "incidentals". Efor I could get my room, the money was out of my account. Our room had a firpkace which was nice but the carpet was severely worn and the room in need of an overhaul. I might had that no where on their website was there mention of. Resort fee. EwRe of hidden costs! We will not stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Lov2teach
Newton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I spent three days here for a conference and had a very nice time. Each day started off with a walk on the beach followed by breakfast at Paragon (an excellent restaurant for any meal). Staff was very friendly and helpful. The one drawback? A confusing layout at times made it difficult to find your way around the hotel, but after the first day, I was able to find my way around with very little difficulty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Skippy1958
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great location, but not directly on the beach. The pool was fantastic and the rooms big enough. We payed an extra for an ocean view room, but it was not really worth it as we did not spend time in the room that much! The service at the front desk was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GenLag
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
BEST WESTERN Rockland
#2 of 82 in Boston
4.5 of 5 stars 4,087 reviews
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!