WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Nantasket Beach Resort

Nantasket Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hull
york,pa
“Breakfast at the Paragon Grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

While visiting relatives in Hull we had breakfast at the Paragon Grill located inside the Nantasket Beach Resort. Our server, Megan was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable, food was delicious and the water view was perfect.

1 Thank bobthoman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Conveniently located across the street from Nantasket Beach, this hotel offered some good amenities: nice workout room with 6 cardio machines and various weights; decent-sized indoor, heated pool for lap swim and a nice hot tub; on-site restaurant. The room itself was a bit cramped (king suite), but the offerings within the hotel were a good compensation. I stayed here in mid-November when the town itself seemed "closed for the season", but it was still nice.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look out onto the Ocean - go for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frank M
Poultney, Vermont
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice location, but things have changed since it was the Clarion. I was charged an $8.00 per night resort fee. When I asked what that included I was told for free parking. I was told to park on the street. So they charged me to park in public parking. I paid cash and did not get a receipt, when I asked I was told I would get it at check out, after insisting, I got it.I had to leave a credit card for "incidentals". Efor I could get my room, the money was out of my account. Our room had a firpkace which was nice but the carpet was severely worn and the room in need of an overhaul. I might had that no where on their website was there mention of. Resort fee. EwRe of hidden costs! We will not stay here again!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lov2teach
Newton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I spent three days here for a conference and had a very nice time. Each day started off with a walk on the beach followed by breakfast at Paragon (an excellent restaurant for any meal). Staff was very friendly and helpful. The one drawback? A confusing layout at times made it difficult to find your way around the hotel, but after the first day, I was able to find my way around with very little difficulty.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Skippy1958
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Great location, but not directly on the beach. The pool was fantastic and the rooms big enough. We payed an extra for an ocean view room, but it was not really worth it as we did not spend time in the room that much! The service at the front desk was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GenLag
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My fiance and I try to stay here as often as we can, whether it be spring, summer, fall or winter. The hotel staff are very friendly. To us it is a diamond it the rough. Far enough away from the stresses of home, but close enough that we could get home in an emergency. The resturant food is exceptional. We have never had a bad meal. Sometimes we will just drive up for a few drinks at the lounge, called The Paragon Grille. Everyone is so friendly and our favorite bartender's name is Martini. He will keep you laughing. Just an all over friendly, clean and nice place to stay.

Room Tip: We love the corner suites, but the rooms on the south side are just as nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darline J
Bucks County, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

The positives of this hotel are friendly/helpful staff, Indoor pool with jacuzzi was nice (as our trip was in December) and the hotel restaurant & bar called Paragon was great. The restaurant had a terrific ocean view, trendy/nice decor and the food was very good. The hotel room itself had alarm radio that included an iphone charger and an electric fireplace.

The negatives are parking was a bit confusing. There are a few different areas to park but its confusing on whether its a hotel spot. When checking in the hotel may want to provide a little map of places to park. When we arrived back to the hotel one evening it was very hard to find a spot. As far as the hotel room the pillows and mattresses weren't comfy. Pillows seemed too big and the mattresses weren't comfortable. Also our room was a non smoking room but we periodically could smell smoke. I'm not sure if it was a smoking room at some point. Also the walls are very thin. We had a room that had a door to another room but could hear everything literally from our neighbors room & I'm sure our neighbors could hear us too. Also the shower didn't have warm water. In bath tub mode the water was warm but as soon as it was on shower mode all the warmth was gone. The TV channels were very limited and there wasn't any pay per view options. Our room was a partial ocean view with balcony but the balcony was very small & only one person could be out on the balcony. As mentioned above the electric fireplace was a nice touch but we were vacationing with kids and it gets very hot to the touch.

Overall the property reminds me more of a beach hotel as opposed to resort. The property is a bit dated in the rooms but restaurant is very nice.

2 Thank Happy_Travelor_2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
BEST WESTERN Rockland
Seaport Boston Hotel
Seaport Boston Hotel
#2 of 82 in Boston
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,258 reviews

Been to Nantasket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!