Josephine's Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Nantasket Hotel at the Beach(Hull)(Great Value!)
$112
$94
Nantasket Beach Resort(Hull)(Great Value!)
$140
$624
$499
$187
Doubletree.com
The Inn at Scituate Harbor(Scituate)(Great Value!)
$158
Motel 6
All reviewsb bspent nightsannmariejosephinesboston
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Josephine's several times while visiting Hull and have always been welcomed like family. Josephine's is a little off the beaten path, but not far from the main street in Hull so restaurants and the beach are both nearby.

The guest rooms are quite charming with many personal touches, photos and momentos from Ann Marie's family. The rooms are spotless and the beds comfy. We have stayed in both the M&M and the Anna Rose with views of the delightful gardens.

However all of that is secondary to Ann Marie's weekend and holiday breakfasts! Oh my heavens are they wonderful and beautifully presented! Plus, she tailors her breakfast selection around her guests likes. Knowing my husband is Italian, she always prepares some kind of Italian cuisine while we are there. Ann Marie shops the local markets to bring home fresh ingredients and purchases coffee from a nearby roaster in Hingham.

We have always traveled to Hull over the 4th of July holiday and the red white and blue abound. Josephine's is just delightful and I would definitely make this a destination while at Nantasket Beach or any of the small communities in the vicinity.

Room Tip: The M&M on the second floor is small and only has room for the Queen sized bed and a dresser. The Anna Rose on the main floor is quite spacious with a small sitting room attached. The Anna Rose is my favorite. I have not stayed in the Twinz, but it has its own balcony and overlooks the little bay. The Twinz is on the 3rd floor and shares the common sitting room which would seem like a wonderful set up. GIgi
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Visiting our daughter in Quincy and instead of staying in Boston, we decided to try the Nantasket area. A good plan and staying at Josephines was the best idea ever! We were lucky have to have beautiful warm, windows-open, sunny weather and because it was the very beginning of the "season", we had the whole top floor of the house (our room AND the great common living room...full of windows with views of the bay, the wind mill and the ocean) pretty much to ourselves. Our room was spacious,immaculate and on our day of arrival, we were welcomed by tasty treats awaiting on the large comfy bed, birds singing outside our window. So GREAT! Anne Marie was the perfect host....friendly, attentive,unintrusive and full of excellent recommendations for restaurants/things to do. Her breakfasts, served in her own warm kitchen, were a different surprise every morning, so fresh and delicious! Hull is a beach throwback to another era...and very relaxing, fun, nostalgic. Great seafood at Jakes(5 mins away). We couldn't have had a nicer time....our next Boston visit, Josephine's is where we're heading!

Room Tip: We stayed in Twinz.....wonderful room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
decem8er, Owner at Josephine's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

So glad you enjoyed staying with us! Our goal is to achieve a stay just as you described for our guests so it's great to get this feedback...Thanks again.

Annmarie

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and 3 month old came for a wedding and this Bed & Breakfast was the best choice. First, the owner was very accommodating by allowing us to stay with an infant, which we were very thankful for. Checking in was incredibly simple. The establishment felt just like home. Breakfast was phenomenal! (Never had strawberries, honey, and coconut before... Delicious!) Beyond the building, the area was so lovely. It's right on the peninsula and minutes from the beach and scenic areas. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I hadn't seen Ann Marie in over 30 years and Thanks to her and her wonderful hospitality, it seemed like yesterday. She is so creative, the place is just perfect and what a great breakfast. My husband and I had a wonderful time. We both used to Summer in Hull as kids and now we have a fabulous place to stay when we want to get away. Miss you Ann Marie, hope to see you soon.
Beverly & Walter

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bevie1300
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I found Josephine's B and B for my mother, aunt and sister by reading Trip Advisor Reviews.
I was staying nearby in a house by the ocean, on a house exchange and they wanted to try a treat of a B and B. And treat it was.
Anne Marie could not have been more helpful or hospitable.

My mum and aunt are elderly and everything they required for a wonderful couple of days was kindly supplied by Anne Marie.

The rooms were delightful , the pretty breakfast room and delicious food and the way it was presented was a highlight for them . My sister enjoyed the chat with other guests at breakfast about what outings they had planned or had done the day before.

I met Anne Marie when she brought my family back to my house and you can tell she really takes pride in what she does and enjoys it.

I live in Ireland where hospitality at B and B's is renowned and Josephine's lives up to that tradition of pleasant surroundings, good food and genuine hospitality.,,thanks Anne Marie, they're stay in August was lovely.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
decem8er, Owner at Josephine's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Hi folks

Thankyou so much for taking the time to write a review. I certainly had a wonderful time with your mum and family and it was a pleasure to meet you as well. I hope to see your family another time. They are a lot of fun to have stay with us and am glad they enjoyed their visit. Hull is especially beautiful right now with all the beautiful colors of the leaves and the sunsets and sunrise colorful vistas. Thanks again.

Annmarie