“Wonderful B & B” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hull B&B and Inns
Sonoma, California
“Wonderful B & B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband and I wanted to spend a little time near Cohasset where he grew up and because of reviews on TA we chose Josephines and were not disappointed. Our room was huge with all the amenities we needed.And Anne Marie is the perfect host with a breakfast each morning to die for. This is truly a little gem where there are few to be found.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Holly, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife found Hull Mass. back around feb. time frame and she said we should go because our last name is Hull so she booked a flight and a room at Josephines bed and breakfast, when we got there the owner was there to meet us and show us to our room, a really nice lady the owner that is, we had seen it on the internet when my wife was looking but to see it in person , all I can say is WOW the feeling that I got when we set our luggage down was just apsolutly inviting , its that feeling when you just know that it is right and all things are great and not one problem to speak of , that is the feeling we got on our first night , the next morning at breakfast the food was cooked right there in front of us , not gone after , she made it right there , and let me tell ya it was awesome food , the pictures throught the home ( I say home because that is what I felt the whole time I was there ) were of hr own family back in the day and they were outstanding , the second to the last day AnnMarie( the owner) had locs with salmon and my wife is still talking about it today , well enough of my ramblings , Ann Marie thank you so much for letting us stay at your bed and breakfast it was an awesome vacation however to short , we will be back next year , same room same time and same awesome B and B, oh and it has a great veiw to. Johnny and Lisa.

Room Tip: any room there is a great room .
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John H
Ramsey, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at the b & b for 5 days. My husband & I had wonderful experience. We stayed in Anna Rose which is a suite. The room was impeccably clean. This room is modern but reflects a turn of the century beachy decor. As for the town of Hull ,it has so much to offer. Great selection of restaurants, beautiful beach for walking in the morning, a nostalgic little down town in the village, and close to transportation to go anywhere on the South Shore & Boston and Cape Cod Our hostess Ann Marie
was great . She has a wealth of information for sights to see , restaurants to dine at be it lunch or dinner. No need to eat breakfast out because her meals are the best we've ever had at a b & b. Every day was a different selection of fresh fruit, bagels & coffee from local merchants and an array of homemade selections.
We give Josephines 4 stars. Don't miss this well kept secret getaway for your next trip.
S & H

Room Tip: Anna Rose would be our favorite but we also got a glimpse of Twins from the common area. Another roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sheila G
Reading UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

The other reviews have said it all, but I will repeat the fact that in Anne Marie you have the perfect hostess. She goes out of her way to make you comfortable in her lovely establishment.
Seriously, nothing is too much trouble. I am touring New England using public transport and she picked me up at the local station when she knew this. As it is early in the season, I was the only person at breakfast some mornings and we had some great conversations. The breakfasts were very good.
Rooms are bright, very clean and private. Ida's room at the top of the house is a great place to relax, or exercise on the walker machine. But as I said no need to enlarge on what has been said just to confirm it tenfold!
In case others are not using a car (and people think I am crazy not doing) you are within strolling distance of the Nantasket beach area with plenty of restaurants etc. Go to Barefoot Bob's at the beach and Saporitos just up the road from Josephine's for good food and company. Java Jungle across the road does great coffee and sandwiches. Hingham is a short bus journey - 10 minutes on the 714, from which you can connect tp Quincy on the 220.
Easy trip into Boston on the MBTA, trains running more frequently in the rush hours, and the last one out of Boston being 10pm so watch the schedules.
Come here and I guarantee you will more than enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in M+M which is the smallest room with the bathroom right next door,and was perfectly adeq...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mini_gap_year
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were so very demanding of Ann Marie when staying at Josephine's. I called to made reservations on the day of arrival and asked her to help me figure out if the Nantasket Junction station of the MBTA Commuter Train would be open the following day as I needed to get to Boston. Can you believe she stopped by the station while she was running errands just to make sure for me? And then she called me with the update and the schedule! The list of demands did not stop there. We needed a very late check-in, around 11:30 p.m, and a very late check-out the next day, 2:30 p.m. She was so gracious with accommodating us with the times and went so far as to periodically call us while we were on route from Connecticut to make sure we were o.k. with directions. This is just not the type of service that you would ever find at a hotel. When we arrived in the middle of the night she was there to great us and settle us into our lovely room which she had supplied with brownies and carmel corn as a welcome gift. Sweet! I was leaving for an appointment very early the next day and my fiancee wanted to sleep in so unfortunately we missed breakfast (the other guests were raving about the food) but there goes Ann Marie again being awesome. She left a coffee maker with accoutrements out for us to use at our leisure and left out a tray of breakfast goodies for my fiancee when he got up.

As for the building it is spotless and impeccably maintained. All the hardware was in pristine working order and the walls and paint job were remarkable. I especially loved our bathroom. Shower was AMAZING and the bathroom was spacious and stocked with lots of special extras. Each of the three rooms is on it's own floor so you have peace and privacy. The beds and linens are fresh and cozy and the abundance of windows lets you enjoy views of the gardens and windmills not to mention the clean healthy breezes off the bay. On the third floor is "Ida's Attic" a guest lounge with gorgeous views of Hull, refrigerator, computer, books, games and even an elliptical trainer. Everything is maintained with love and dedicated to the women in her family. A very soothing environment indeed. When I returned from my appointment in Boston I found my fiancee well rested and relaxed, happily lounging in "Ida's Attic". Such a different state then we were in the night before!

Josephine's Bed and Breakfast is 1.3 miles from the commuter rail to Boston (Greenbush Line about 40 min) and 2 miles from the ferry to Boston (F2H about 28 min). You DO NOT need or want to drive around Boston, trust. The commute from Hull is easy, economical and reliable with plenty of parking. Do not take your car into the madness.

Hull is next to the stylish city of Hingham (lots of history, architecture and fancy stores) and Hull itself is awash in bars, beaches, 24 hour markets and an array of restaurants and gorgeous vistas. Just a lovely and fun town to explore. Flanked by the ocean and a bay, there is so much fresh local seafood to be had at frugal prices. Worthwhile location in it's own right and the smart area to stay when visiting Beantown you can pamper yourself at Josephine's on the Bay for 1/3 the cost of Boston's lodgings.

Thank you again, Ann Marie, for taking such good care of us in your delightful home :)

Room Tip: If you don't want to climb stairs stay in the Anna Rose Suite. For views and comfortable space...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fallenidol234
Hampton Beach, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Heading back to Josephine's for the 3rd time this year - wonderful place to stay in Hull! My daughter lives in Hingham so the owner graciously invites her to share in the bountiful breakfasts! This time I'm staying in Anna Rose and am looking forward to a relaxing visit in a wonderful, serene B&B - can't wait!

Room Tip: Twinz is fantastic!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

This is a wonderful B&B! Food and accommodations are first rate, and the proprietors really care about their guests. Ann Marie picks fresh vegetables and herbs from her garden and creates divine food. She takes the time to learn about you and your preferences and then remembers them every time we visit. Additionally she's well versed on places to go, area restaurants, shopping attractions - and tailors her recommendations to your interests. Don't miss out on a chance to stay here if you're in the area - or better yet, make this a destination vacation stop. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms are all lovely. Anna Rose is the biggest with a sitting parlor but private bath is in the...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hull
Nantasket Beach Resort
Howard Johnson Quincy
Howard Johnson Quincy
#3 of 3 in Quincy
Hyatt Place Boston/Braintree

Been to Josephine's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!