“Food lovers.... you'll be back!”
Review of Mezzo Mare

Mezzo Mare
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Reviewed January 29, 2014

One of the finest dining delights we've found in Hull. It has become a family and friends favorite spot to dine. The food and its flavors are to savour for hours; with left over desire of wanting more visits soon. There is a family warmth atmosphere and comfortable seating next to the fire or place at the small cozy bar. If you go, go to eat and greet the chef and staff with an array of friendly regulars. Summer, winter, spring or fall, this is where I'm heading first for the great dinner out experience. If you love to eat well and really savour the flavors.... Mezzo Mare is worth a trip. Call and check out their days and times for specials and give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank CybroJo

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We think that this restaurant is a great find in a small town. Food is great and the serving sizes are large. Pasta is cooked to perfection! Have thoroughly enjoyed visiting for over a year now with many wonderful meals eaten. Cozy in the winter by the fireplace! Would definitely recommend to family and friends.

1  Thank cyardley
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I usually have the lobster far diavlo but last night there were serving a rack of lamb and it was perfectly grilled. If you are looking for a good meal that is reasonably priced, this is an excellent place to go in Hull for dinner .

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've eaten at Mezzo Mare several times and I've got to rave about the food here! Granted, I have ordered the seafood bouoillabaise several times because it's so delicious. The prices are just right and the portions are more generous than any restaurant I've tried. You can easily split any course, have a salad and be full. My daughter ordered the chicken parmesan which arrived on a plate that would serve a family of three! It was both deliciuos and huge! : )

3  Thank Neil W
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to Mezzo Mare last night with another couple. First time for us after the restaurant moved to the current location. I know everyone raves about the low prices and large servings. Without wasting your time in reading this review, the price is reasonable but the quality is just average. The salads were okay, but you need to ask for the dressing on the side to avoid drowning the lettuce. My three friends had pasta dishes that didn't rate any yummy comments. Lots of food though. I had the lasagne with "one" meatball. What a total disappointment. The pasta was undercooked (hard) and the dish was actually skimpy and reminded me of something from the supermarket freezer. Let me just say the dish was terrible. The service was fine and the chocolate moose dessert was yummy however. Probably won't be back.

2  Thank Doug M

Been to Mezzo Mare? Share your experiences!