“This is the classic "American" version of Italian food”
Review of Mezzo Mare

Mezzo Mare
Ranked #13 of 48 Restaurants in Hull
Reviewed May 4, 2013

If someone from Italy was ever went to dine there - they would be shocked!

This is so non Italian - it's not even funny. Mammoth portions that one definitely does not need.

No quality here but if you need to fill up on relatively inexpensive and so-so quality food - go for it.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have to admit, I'm sad this placed moved, but I hope their new space (which probably isn't so new anymore) gives them more business.

The italian food here is tasty, fresh, and filling. The last time I was here there were 6 of us and we had 3 entrees, an appetizer and a big salad.... that was more than enough. They charge for splitting plates but thats to be expected as most people who go here frequently would definitely opt to split.

I love their chicken parmesan - basic and consistently delicious. no need to complicate a classic like this- mezzo mare definitely understands that.

They do have great seafood dishes with fresh shellfish but i'm allergic so I've only hear they are fantastic!

GREAT family spot if you are in need. Always cozy and never crazy!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Fantastic food! Amazing flavor. Huge portions. Staff is helpful and friendly. Great service! I returned a second night for dinner.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Read mixed reviews so decided to try for myself..We were first seated next to the noisy kitchen door but were graciously moved to a window seat when we asked to be moved. It would have been a nice view if you could see through the unappetizing bird feces dirty window. the salad came with house dressing Vinegarette, I ate my salad dry since no other dressing was available. After over a 30 minute wait,, my veal parmasean arrived. The veal was drenched in a soggy thick breading which took away the flavor of the veal. The portion was very generous but the quality was missing. The fact that they charged $2.50 for hot tea and the charged the same for each refill was the final straw. the only asset this restaurant has to offer is the lovely waitress that served us. No, we will not return.

Veal parmasean I ordered came after over a 30 minute wait

Reviewed August 22, 2012

First of all, Service was good.
The food wasn't.
We were 4 adults and we ate for 150$ U.S. with a bottle of red wine (was supposed to be a Chianti Rufino but they served something else supposedly as good).

Salads entrees were a joke
Chicken was overcooked.
Portions were ridiculous enormous (that's not always good)

We won't go back there.