“Starbucks without the attitude”
Review of Ariba Coffee

Ariba Coffee
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Hudson
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Starbucks without the attitude”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good coffee, good food, good selection, good atmosphere but the best part? Not just free internet (everyone's got that) but they offer two free computers with internet. A little taste of Europe where not everyone has to have their own personal portable device. Instead, a shared community device. Perfect.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank 4-star-traveler1952

Hudson, Massachusetts
“Coffee with syrup isn't "coffee"”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

In the last couple of years I began drinking my coffee black because I didn't like the taste of whatever the coffee houses was adding...whether it was milk, 1% milk, and especially cream or half and half. This is the best coffee in town and easily matches or beats Starbucks for taste. Their pastries and muffins are always fresh and delicious. The room is comfortable and they offer free Wi-Fi and computers for connectivity if you didn't bring your own. I honestly don't know how you can judge the taste of coffee when you add something to it, because every establishment uses different additives. Since I've been drinking black I can't swallow Dunkin Go-Nuts and all others in town taste watered down. The only caution I have is that I purchased a bag of ground Ariba coffee and couldn't get it to taste like the brew they offer at the counter, no matter how much or little coffee I used in the drip-maker. Their professional brewing machines definitely make a difference.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Although they appear to have an antiquated register system, as it takes several steps and screens to ring in a simple order and I often see the lines back up. They don't have the room for a 2nd register and they do the best that they can.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jim D
Hudson, Massachusetts, United States
“A great place to sit & relax with friends.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, friendly service and good coffee. What more do you need?
This is a terrific place to meet with friends and outdoor seating is available.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cathy F
Watertown, MA
“Nice coffee & baked goods”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Ariba is a very clean and homey coffee shop with great decor & tasty coffee and baked goods. The sandwiches and soups are also well done. The 2 internet pcs and free wifi are added bonuses. The fireplace and lounge chairs are especially inviting on a cold winter's day.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank epconde
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Nice Decor But Surprisingly Bad Coffee”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I really wish I had had more time to get one of the delicious waffle and ice cream treats from Ariba as those looked fantastic- alas, I just had time for a snack and a coffee. I liked the decor and thought it was awesome that they offer free use of two computers to their customers. The woman who waited on us was pleasant. I selected a lemon bar from their baked goodies display and it was delicious. Unfortunately, the coffee was horrible. I rarely get coffees that use syrups but the white chocolate iced latte sounded so good that I ordered it. Whoever made it used way too much syrup. It went from overly sweet to just gross and almost bitter after I shook it up in the car. I think I had five sips of it and my friend had two before we threw it away. Prices were great, and as I said, I wish I had more time to try some of their other items but I'm not sure I'd buy coffee from them again.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Ariba Coffee? Share your experiences!