“Hidden Gem !”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was my second visit to Sofia Ristorante. It was as wonderful this time as it was the time before.. I had the chicken prepared with white wine,served with roasted potatoes and grilled eggplant and zucchini. It was light and delicious. My dining companion had the lasagna. I had a taste and honestly it was the best lasagna I have ever eaten. Our server was great. Vincenzo( one of the owners) helped us with our wine selection. We are also visiting Italy soon and he gave us a recommendation for a restaurant on our trip. I dine out quite often in many different restaurants in the central Massachusetts area and I find Sofia Ristorante to be an exceptional restaurant. I am looking forward to my next visit!!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had another fantastic meal there last night which was 1 of many over the last few years. It's become the favorite meeting point between us and some friends whenever they are in town. I also never hesitate to entertain customers there if I'm local to Hudson. The owner and the chef take great pride in the quality of the food served and if you don't see it on the menu ask. If they can accommodate you, they will do their best to do so.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Atmosphere is ok. There were 7 of us mid week, 3 other smaller parties already there. Waitperson (wife of owner says a local in our group) was attentive but maybe having an 'off' night: told us certain entrees came with pasta but potato and veg arrived. We asked about it and were told 'I'll bring the pasta.' After another wait, we asked abt the pasta and she admitted she made error- that pasta is side for noon meals, not evenings. Pasta came when entree was nearly 1/2 eaten, by a slow eater!
House salads -not included with entree- were boring-lettuce, carrot shreds and tomato slices with oil & vinegar dressing; we were anticipating more flavorful dressing, at least. Pasta entrees were dry- esp the linguine with oil and garlic: great garlic but scant oil. Chicken and spinach canneloni had small bits of chicken. Portions were generous but still pricey for what we got.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Great atmosphere. Owner is always there assuring quality of service/food. Everything is made fresh. Closest thing to North End as you're gonna get!

a++

Reviewed March 5, 2012

This place was highly recommended by a friend of mine so I decided to take ny wife there for her birthday this past Friday. We got there at 7:20 and there were some empty tables but there were some that had tables of six & 8 then then a few of just 2 & 4 people. Our waitress came by in reasonable time to take our drink order and tell us the specials fo that evening. Our bottle of wine came then she came back about 15 minutes later to see if we wanted an appetizer which we did but also placed our dinner order at that time. At that point, it was about ten minutes of 8:00. We didn't get our meal until almost 8:45! My meal, for $17.50 was like an appetizer in itself. My wifes chickem Picata she said was tasty but the oven browned potatos were mostly burnt. We're not complainers and maybe we should be but given the time it took to get our meal (which you think they were preparing "The Last Supper"), I wasn't going to bother. I juist said, "Check please" and we were outta there. It just wasn't what I was led to expect and the wait was something you'd probably expect in Boston but at least the food was worth the wait. Not here! Don't bother! There are plenty of other Italian restaurants around for less money and 1/2 the wait time.

Been to Sofia Ristorante? Share your experiences!