“A fine place to stay on a business trip”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hudson
Cupertino, CA
“A fine place to stay on a business trip”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently spent three nights in the Holiday Inn Express on a business trip. The location of the hotel is good; just off of the highway, but far enough away that it's quiet. It's also not far (maybe two miles) from Main street Hudson which has a few good restaurants. I stayed in a corner king room which was quite large and actually had a fireplace (which i didn't use). The towels were kind of small, but adequate. The breakfast was good as well. One strange thing; the fitness center, in the basement, has the lights on a motion sensor. They turned on fine when i went in, but both nights, the lights went out after about 20min on the treadmill (despite my frantic arm waving). Then, after about fifteen more minutes, they turned on again (same thing both nights). Besides the lights, the fitness center was fine; open 24 hours and had two treadmills, one elliptical and one bike. It did feel a little odd going down to the fitness center in the basement; i had a feeling that if i had an accident there, it would have taken quite some time for someone to discover me (especially with the lights out)... All in all, i really enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Inn Express, and i will stay there again next time i travel to Hudson MA.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Gbob,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am very glad you enjoyed your three night stay with us. Our location is ideal for business travelers since we are located just down the street from the center of Hudson. I apologize for the lighting issue in the fitness center. I will be sure to get that adjusted immediately! Again, thank you for your review and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future!

Katelyn Heerde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ranson, West Virginia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I stayed there for the first time around Thanksgiving. The thing that struck me was when I checked in, the employee saw that I was a member of their rewards club, and proceeded to hand me two bottles of spring water, told me to pick some snacks out of a snack basket, and, brought out a basket and told my kids to pick a toy. The suite I rented was nicely appointed. Breakfast was constantly replenished by friendly staff. Only downside was I requested a rollaway bed, and the one they brought was so uncomfortable that no one could sleep in it. But, when I mentioned this to the front desk, they apologized and said they would not charge me the $15 extra a night for it. Note: This hotel does not have any type of pool. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Mrd71, Thank you for your kind words! I am very glad that you had a wonderful check in experience. IHG Rewards Club members are provided with a complimentary welcome amenity when they arrive at the hotel. It is our way of saying Thank You for your loyalty! Our staff does go above and beyond to make sure we fulfill all expectations of our guests, I am very happy to hear that we did just that for you and your family!

We hope to see you again in the near future!

Thomaston, Maine
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We chose this hotel via hotwire while driving back NYC to Maine, being that this was for business, we were hoping to find a nice comforatable place in our budget and we were so fortunate to have found this place! I booked it while we were driving, and paid 60, being that we checked in a 11 PM. The hotel was filled with children for a convention it seemed and we were amazed by the customer service, who was bombarded by requests while we were even checking in. I felt so bad to ask if we could have a king size instead of a double, and she was incredibly kind and accomodating dispite the hectic atmosphere. Our room was incredibly comfortable, it was difficult to leave! The breakfast was great, we hardly noticed the amount of kids running around because of the level of cleanliness and service this hotel provided. We were incredibly fortunate to have found this place. The price was perfect- around 60 bucks- we are grateful this place! Luck probably won't be on our side for the price, sinc it was hot wire, but we did luck out on this one.

Room Tip: 3rd floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kklauber83
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hockeymamax4,
Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing our hardworking staff! We are very glad that you were pleased with your entire stay. If your travels bring you back to the Hudson area we do hope you choose to stay again!

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I am normally not a huge fan of the Holiday Inn hotel chain (prefer something a little more upscale) but needed somewhere to sleep for a night while in the middle of a roadtrip and this place was a nice option and a great value for the money. Through Hotwire, I got a room for $50 and it was clean and comfortable - just what I needed. The rate included a free breakfast buffet in the morning - again, not spectacular, but a really nice gesture, lots to choose from so that you can find something you like even if its just grabbing a quick coffee, and included in an already very cheap rate. Staff was friendly. Parking was free. Overall, it served the purpose it was intended to an then some.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kkolodz
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
KKolodz, Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location makes us ideal for those passing through for a night or two. We have a magnificent housekeeping staff who ensures that our guestrooms are clean and comfortable for all! Our Express Start Breakfast is a great option or those looking to have a sit down meal or something quick on the go! If your travels ever bring you our way again we hope you chose to stay with us!

NYC
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Though we had made our reservations weeks in advance, it took over twenty minutes for the hotel clerk to verify them and find us a room. The room was tired and run down beyond belief.
The only saving grace about this hotel was that it was close to friends we were visiting and the included breakfast included at least one warm item.

If you're a world traveler and used to 4 star accommodations, this place wouldn't even score on the same chart.

When I informed the manager of the torn curtains, the ripped end chair and banked up end table, she just shrugged her shoulders.

My suggestion, stay some where else.

Room Tip: My humble opinion, Choose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank YodaNyc
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
YodaNyc, thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry that we did not fulfill your expectations during your past stay with us. I can assure you that we do take all guest feedback very seriously.

Our staff is trained to give our guest the utmost service during their stay. They work very hard to ensure the hotel is clean, up to date and enjoyable for all. I, as General Manager of the property give my direct attention to any compliant that a guest may have to be sure that they are completely satisfied with their stay.

Our Express Start Breakfast does include a variety of options including our signature Cinnamon Rolls and Pancake Machine. We also offer our guests 4 additional hot items including eggs, omletes, bacon and sausage; along with cereal, pastries, bagels and several other cold items.

Once again, thank you for your review and I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. If you would like to discuss this personally please feel free to send me a personal message.

Silverton, Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at this location many weeks for business/training, and the staff is always great, and quick to address any issues. Once, there was a group of rowdy individuals, and after the manager had asked them several times to quiet down, they had the local authorities there to back them up and had the situation handled before I could make a second request. Afterward, they comped me a night for the bother.
The hotel is located close enough to the freeway to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet.
The free breakfast is about par for these kind of places, and plentiful, with some healthy options too.
The exercise room is small and limited, but this is not a large hotel, so that is to be expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your exerience! Our staff takes great pride in going above and beyond to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay! Our Express Start breakfast is known for having a variety of hot and cold foods; making sure there is something for everyone. We are greatful that you chose our hotel during your business travels and we hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night for a business trip. Overall it was a solid Holiday Inn Express experience. Check-in was prompt and room was fine (looked clean and was fairly comfortable). My only issue is that that the drain plug in the bath tub did not work right - basically it did not plug the drain so I could take a bath. A bath helps me relax after a long day so I was disappointed. Breakfast was average but hey, it was free so can't complain about that. Check-out was smooth and easy. And the free wi-fi was also nice as always.

Wish I could give it a 3.5 rating since 3.0 sounds a little harsh. But I did think the 4.0 was a little too generous and Trip advisor does not allow half points.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! Our staff works diligently to ensure all guest have a speedy check in and check out, I am glad this does not go unnoticed! We also take pride in being able to provide free breakfast and WIFI to all our guest.

I apologize for the issue you had with your tub. I will look into this so that one is able to take a nice bath after a long day!

Thank you again for your feedback! I do hope that you will visit us again soon!

Katelyn Heerde
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Holiday Inn Boxborough (I-495 Exit 28)
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Embassy Suites by Hilton Boston Marlborough
Residence Inn Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
Courtyard Boston Marlborough
#5 of 10 in Marlborough

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro? Share your experiences!