Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is not a bad little hotel. It is located across from a BJ's (that has gas!) and a food market on a relatively busy road. My first impression...very nice. I am here for a hockey tournament with my 12 year old. My second impression not so good as I got a call from the front desk asking my son to stop jumping on the bed as the people underneath me had complained...this was a gross oversight by the front desk, as my son is not allowed to exert ANY energy before a game and was lying in the bed quietly...there were other families here with very young kids running around acting like BUFFOONs (do parents even "parent" anymore?!)..as they were here for some lacrosse tournaments or something. So that kind of set me off on a bad note....butttt...it is right off the main highway and is a good clean stay for a quick overnight if you need one. One suggestion I would have is to add another garbage can, and maybe a recycling bin to each room. I hated throwing my bottles and paper out in the very VERY small garbage pails.

Room Tip: Apparently there are several rooms here to choose from. A little pricey for what you get...but I wou...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GeoffsgirlLA
Katelyn H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am very glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and conveniently located! We work diligently to provide the cleanest and most comfortable accommodations in the area and I am happy that we met your expectations!

I am very sorry that you were contacted due to a noise complaint. Any concern or issue gains our direct attention. Our front desk does take immediate action to resolve any problems that may arise. I apologize that you were contacted by our staff and in fact were not involved in the noise making.

If your travels do bring you to our area again we hope that you choose to stay with us! Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston Marlboro.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

this hotel is in a great location, off Rt 495. I had a roomsaver coupon that expired but they took the coupon anyway. nice modern room with flat screen tv, work desk, refrig, and microwave oven. breakfast was good and included hot sausage, eggs with cheese

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express in Hudson. We thank you very much for sharing your experience. We are delighted to hear that our hotel met and or exceeded your expectations. We work diligently to keep our facility looking fresh and new. We hope that you will again stay with us when you have the need to stay in the Hudson / Marlboro area in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Third time I have stayed at this hotel.

Great staff.

Great facilities.

Especially like the fitness equipment.

Lobby is bright and fresh. Entire hotel looks and smells clean.

Coffee & tea available 24x7 is a nice touch.

Breakfast include fresh fruit and good veriety.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Erik H
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing some feedback about your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Boston - Marlboro. I am thrilled to hear that this is the thirds time that you have stayed with us, and we have continued to live up the high expectations that you should anticipate! We work diligently and take great pride in the fresh, clean qualities of our accommodations .We are always trying to find new ways to ensure that these standards that we set for ourselves are not only met but exceeded.

We look forward to serving you during your fourth visit as well as many more in the future! Thanks for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed over Christmas while visiting family. The hotel is conveniently located and the room was clean and comfortable. We requested a crib and received a pack-n-play, which is fine. However, the sheet they provided was too tight and small for the mattress and it ended up compressing the mattress so that it could not lay flat. I ended up fashioning a sheet from a blanket. If you are traveling with a child that will need a pack-n-play, I recommend bringing your own sheet (or your own pack-n-play). Other than that, we had a fine experience and we would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking a moment to let us know about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Hudson. I am so sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the bedding in the portable cribs. Certainly, this is something that needs to be addressed. I will make sure that your concern is looked into and corrected. Future guests should not have to experience this issue. I appreciate you letting me know, so we have an opportunity to correct this potential problem. I hope that we have an chance to serve you again when your travels bring you back to the Marlboro / Hudson area.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The staff here is fabulous, rooms are in great shape, great breakfast. Tuesday evening Sam Adams tasting is a bonus. The mattress was very comfortable with both hard and oft pillows. Clean exercise room with bike, treadmill, and stepper and cable machine with towels and water cooler and two TV's.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the fantastic feedback about your recent experience! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Holiday Inn Express in Hudson. When staying at a hotel, I find a good nights rest to be one of the most important factors. I'm glad that our firm and soft pillow selection and comfortable mattresses allowed you to get one step closer to that great night of sleep. We are also so happy to hear that you found time to enjoy the Sam Adams Beer tasting that our hotel takes great pride in.

We truly appreciate your efforts in sharing some facts about your visit, and look forward to your return next time you need a place to rest in the Marlboro area.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not only was I greeted in a great professional manner by Carrie when I checked in, the room was extremely clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed the quiet night sleep which is pretty rare when I travel during the week. What made it the most memorable was the Sam Adams beer tasting event that they had. This hotel goes above and beyond with respect to customer satisfaction. The Sam Adams taste testing was available to all customers regardless of being a priority member or not.

Room Tip: Rooms facing back of hotel were extremely quiet. Definitelty try to stay during the week when they h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others. We are thrilled to hear that Carrie has provided you with the high levels of service that you should expect when staying at our property. We are also very happy to hear that you enjoy the Sam Adams Beer Fest event that Jason conducts on Tuesday nights. Thank you for noticing that we do our best to please our most loyal guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you each time you find yourself needing accommodations in the Hudson area!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a 3-night stay at this hotel. It was average, so there's not a lot to say about the property!
Rooms were OK. Not dirty, but not sparkling either. Rooms around us and the elevator were NOISY! Lots of pounding from above. Constants bells from the elevator. Not much to do once you are settled in. Exercise room was OK. Fresh water and cool temperature, which is good. Elevator was incredibly slow. The 'close door' button didn't work, so you just had to wait. The staff was friendly. Locations convenient to 495, but really out of the way of anything other than travelers. Breakfast was predictable, hot coffee and other choices which were... well.... OK to a teenager, but kind of yucky, except for yogurt and cereal, which were good. Go for the convenience of a mid-way stop, and the price which was reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
hiexpresshudson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Boston - Marlboro. We apologize that you didn’t fully enjoy every aspect of your stay. Although you found your room to be a bit noisy, and the elevator a bit slow, I am happy to hear that you found the service at the front desk to be friendly. We work diligently to provide our guests with the cleanest and most comfortable accommodations in the area, but it sounds as though you have identified a few areas in which we could improve. Please note that we take all guest feedback very seriously and will attempt to correct these issues, improving the guest experience for our future visitors.

Jonathan Buck

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Marlborough
The Boxboro Regency
The Boxboro Regency
#1 of 1 in Boxborough
Hampton Inn Boston/Marlborough
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Marlborough
Residence Inn Boston Marlborough

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Boston-Marlboro? Share your experiences!