“Traditional family restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Lunenburg, Ma
“Traditional family restaurant”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I return to this restaurant of my teenage years periodically for local gatherings. It is comforatable and decent.

• Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“An Oldie But Goody”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed dinner there this evening. We really like the Chicken Cacciatore on the bone. You can not find it in many Italian restaurants anymore. On the bone gives it a special flavor. The service was excellent and they give you a nice size portion at a reasonable price. The restaurants is somewhat old, but still well maintained. They also offer many specials ie Prime Rib, Beef Tenderloin, Baked Stuffed Haddock.

• Visited September 2013
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Kind of rundown but the food is good”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch there recently after a long lapse of not going to this place. It had fallen off our list of places to go since we felt the quality wasn't great anymore. For this lunch visit we were very pleased with the food quality - the food was fresh, well prepared and tasted great. Service was also very good, however, the place wasn't crowded so you would expect it to be. If they update the place a bit I would have given them an overall 4* rating.
We will definitely go back and try it again

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Odarkthirty
Eastham
“It was what I thought it was”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My first visit was in 1964 as a teen on a date. Not much has changed. The interior has been freshened in the last century with wall murals. The menu is extensive, with plenty of choices. I would rather see a menu with fewer choices but more tasty offerings. I had the chicken Capri "special" which wasn't . It was plentiful but unimpressive. The salad with Italian dressing was warm and not that appetizing. I had a side dish of angel hair pasta with a tomato sauce that was definitely lurched in the low value section. It even had a canned metallic taste to it. My sister and BIL both had fish dishes that looked good and they did not seem to be disappointed, but they are semi regulars there and perhaps have come to expect what is served.

Our server was attentive and very pleasant and helpful. I think it is a dated restaurant that draws locals who want to see old friends and have a quick meal before returning home to the sofa and TV.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rick M
Key Largo, Florida
“More like a diner”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Went to his place just based on a google search.
Not much to rave about except the service; it was great. Our waitress was very attentive taking time to explain items on the menu and being very patient with us.

The menu had a very wide variety and the specials were priced very well.

Unfortunately it was just like diner food to me, and maybe that is not a bad thing if that was your expectation

• Visited April 2013