Carbone's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is as outdated as their owners and waitstaff. Every waitress looks like they are about to have a heart attack because they are in their 90s. The service is terrible. I dont know if they just have too many tables or what. We ordered drinks and an appetizer and quickly received drinks and our (bagged) salad but before we could finish our salad our dinner was there (with no appetizer). The waitress forgot to put the order in and we never got any drink refills. I HATE being rushed, glad food came out quickly but when we ordered an appetizer and were planning on ordering dessert I don't want to be rushed out the door. We still decided on dessert and when we asked for a menu they through it at us and stood there hovering waiting for us to make up our minds...so awkward! Dinner on a Saturday night shouldn't be a rush! The chicken parm was good although the sauce is terrible (but I don't like a lot anyway so that's not a big deal for me...although I'm sure it is for others!) The service is just so horrible and the hostesses are miserable and rude. If you are not over 70 years old, this place is horrible.

1  Thank Jennyx2163

Reviewed March 8, 2013

More than 20 years since eating there. Early bird (i.e senior citizen) food was the best part. Real veal cutlet was well prepared, tasty and fresh. Salad was average. Fried smelts were the best I've had. Recommend it if you don't mind the dirty rug and outdated decor!

2  Thank BoMont
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have eaten here for over forty years! Veal parmesan is the best. The meatballs are large and flavorful and the scallops are always fresh and sweet .Mary Ann and Pete take pride in their business and are there every day. I believe that it is a third generation family business. My only complaint is that they should have an area designated for take out rather than having to stand in an always crowded bar area to pickup take out orders. The water glasses used at the tables could also be bigger but the waitresses always fill them up anyway. Don't forget about their delicious pizza!!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have never had a bad meal at Carbones (we are there every Friday) and have even brought our grandchildren and there are not any instances of rudeness by the staff/the hostess. Ms. Carbone expects her patrons to treat her restaurant like it was their home. Consistently great food, waitstaff and service.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good food, fair price, pleasant atmosphere, generous drinks, and superb service...been regulars for years and you won't find a better family oriented restaurant in this price range. We are always made to feel welcome and have never had a bad meal. So much better than chain restaurants and less expensive than fine dining. Carbonnes has been our family's favorite for a long time.