“Never a bad meal”

Dining options: Reservations
New England
“Never a bad meal”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have never had a bad meal at Carbones (we are there every Friday) and have even brought our grandchildren and there are not any instances of rudeness by the staff/the hostess. Ms. Carbone expects her patrons to treat her restaurant like it was their home. Consistently great food, waitstaff and service.

• Visited February 2013

Massachusetts
“Simply GREAT”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good food, fair price, pleasant atmosphere, generous drinks, and superb service...been regulars for years and you won't find a better family oriented restaurant in this price range. We are always made to feel welcome and have never had a bad meal. So much better than chain restaurants and less expensive than fine dining. Carbonnes has been our family's favorite for a long time.

• Visited February 2013
Milford, Massachusetts
“Won't be going back anytime soon”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We had gone to a 4:00 movie and then errands and decided to swing into Carbone's for veal and chicken parm. sandwiches. We got right in at 8:00 on a Sat. Night. We hadn't been there in years and years and the place certainly hadn't changed. Most of the patrons were senior citizens. My husband said his individual antipasto was good, as was his chicken cutlet sandwich. Not so with my Veal Parmigiana sandwich. The sauce was non-description. The bread was too soft so when I bit into the sandwich , the veal kept sliding out and made a real mess. I finally had to cut the whole sandwich up into little pieces so I could eat it.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Joanne I
Ashland, MA
“Don't waste your time.....”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Carbone's has been around for a while as the decor inside shows. The food is awful at best. I ordered a veal cutlet sandwich and it was all fat. I wasn't even sure it was cooked. Gross. The place is always about 102 degrees because the people that frequent the restaurant are all about that age. The waitstaff is very slow and not very pleasant. The salads are small and not very fresh. When you are finished with your meal, it's very hard to get the waitress to come back to the table never mind filling up your drink. I will not go there again. Hope this helps.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Notkidding335
Ashland, Massachusetts
“RUDE! Don't bring your kids here! Not a "Family Restaurant"”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I frequented the restaurant before we had any children and we always had a nice time and were treated respectfully. We took our daughter out to dinner one time and the servers seemed to not want children there In Their restaurant. Today was the worst though! the hostess was extremely rude to my little girl whom was simply quietly counting the sugar packets on the table. She came over and took them out of her hands and told her they were for her customers and then proceeded to walk away. The waitress was extremely rude as well. I also overheard the hostess talking about us to other paying customers as we sat very quietly waiting for, our not so par food, to arrive! I will NEVER go back there again as I do not wish to be subjected to that treatment. Apparently they wish to serve to those people that have been frequenting the restaurant for over 70yrs and not serve younger guests looking to have a little lunch with their family! Carbone's, if you do not wish to have children in your restaurant, then put a sign up saying so, just like a no pets allowed sign, why don't you put up a No Children sign!

• Visited October 2012