“Close by”

Ranked #8 of 114 Restaurants in Holyoke
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wonderful family run business. Great fish and chips as well as many other offerings. Close to home and always greeted warmly.

1  Thank Patsy35_10

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Easy parking, good comfort food, good value. Don't look for anything special but it is a safe stop for a bite to eat after a busy day....

2  Thank Stephen603
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Sorry. Perhaps it was an off day for this restaurant, but we are truly not sympathetic since we were both hungry and bound for a destination many miles away. When we arrived, we were cordially greeted and seated. The waitress was cheerfull and we expected great service and food. The waitress apologized saying it wa busy at the moment and we accepted that fact and were prepared to wait for a reasonable time. However, once our meal was served, that was the end of good service at JP's! As tables were vacated and customers were leaving, we waited at the table for our waitress or someone else to answer a question and then ultimately to receive the check. We were totally ignored as the small staff raced by our table to tend to the needs of others and wipe down tables! I finally hailed down a woman w a coffee pot for a quick refill and check and she assured me she would return to our table with a fresh pot but we never saw her again. I regret having to write this, but JP's nearly ruined our trip to Massachusetts by ignoring us, an elderly couple, who were anxious for good food as well as service on a special day off!

2  Thank shu075
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I was sent to this place by a hotel in the area and absolutely loved it. I sat at the bar mingling with the locals, who keep this place busy. I saw a few orders of wings come out and could not resist. I ended up with an order of wings (giant wings) and an order of potato skins for dinner. I couldn't finish it. The drinks were very generous and the bar tenders very entertaining. Next time you are in Holyoke you have to stop by this place.

2  Thank Wilpensmi
Reviewed January 28, 2013

JP's has THE best buffalo chicken wings around. Their pizza is great too. I usually eat on the bar side but people seem to enjoy the restaurant too. The bar atmosphere is fun and lively and usually very busy.

1  Thank joe215