“A wonderful place!”

Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The motel was wonderful with very friendly staff (sincere not fake)! Angela in the kitchen made sure that I had a wonderful gluten free breakfast each day. She talked to me about my needs and understood how important a gluten free diet is to a Celiac who has to eat gluten free. I had a gluten free waffle the first day and she knew that you had to use a separate waffle iron. I felt very comfortable with her understanding of someone who truly needs to eat gluten free and she is excellent! She also made gluten free muffins and offered me gluten free choices for the five days I was there for breakfast. I never had a hotel offer me gluten free choices or for that matter offer it at all. Fresh fruit was always available. My co-worker enjoyed the wonderful selection offered for the regular breakfast. I don't understand how anyone can complain about the breakfast served. I used the guest computer daily to complete my daily work reports and it was a very nice convenience. Very clean and spacious rooms! We were not there for the evening meals due to work but they also offered to serve me gluten free if I gave them advance notice which is a very fair request. The store at the hotel does have very high prices on snacks in their store and need to charge fair prices especially with a mall down the street. I didn't have my own car or else I would have left for snacks. Take your own snacks.

Room Tip: I didn't like the first floor due to safety concerns. I'm a country girl not used to cities...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and the time you took to write your very kind review about Angela and our team, as well as breakfast and our gluten free offerings.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

staff could not control the party above our room at 2 am after multiple calls to the front desk they didnt know what to do. Maybe calling the police to eject the party people might have done it. Managment should definately impliment some kind of policy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rober R
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I’m so sorry for the unfortunate noise issues you experienced during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. Our staff went and addressed your noise concern and was able to stop the noise. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area as we are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience possible.

Thank you.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Convenient location - VERY friendly staff. Room was a great size with all the amenities. Only wish there had been an iPhone docking station in the room. Also, the breakfast was kind of meager - very few fruit selections. Otherwise, great time and great hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind feedback about our friendly staff.

Please be advised that we are working with Hilton on adding some more fresh fruit and other healthy options to our breakfast buffet.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

When in the Holyoke/Springfield area this hotel is tops! Accomodations are wonderful and staff is first rate! Breakfast could use a slight upgrade. I highly recommend the hotel. This location is great when visiting not only Holyoke but, also the many colleges and attraction within Springfield.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and thank you for your business. Your kind feedback on TripAdvisor is greatly appreciated and we are looking forward to welcoming you back, to enjoy the many things Western Mass has to offer, from the BIG E to Frightfest at Six Flags.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Never stayed at a Homewood before but it will be a place I will seek out in the future. Affordable, nice big clean room with separate living area and small kitchen. Staff was quick and helpful. Check in was fast and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good and the staff went out of their way to ask the reason for our visit and helped arrange tickets to the Basketball Hall of Fame at a 25% discount. They also had free movie rentals.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy to read that you not only enjoyed your time at our Homewood Suites, but also the Basketball Hall of Fame.

Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel, the breakfast and our staff. I will be certain to pass this along to my team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. Staff was helpful and very nice. The hotel has a great basketball hoop outside in a very cute patio. We went to the basketball hall of fame so the hoop was a huge hit when we returned. The rooms were clean and quite and the breakfast was nice. Location is right up the street from a mall which was perfect. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, while visiting the Basketball Hall of Fame. I appreciate your business.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, the visit to the Basketball Hall of Fame and afterwards a nice game on our Sportscourt.

With this in mind, we hope to welcome you back soon, to enjoy some of our other great area attractions, like Six Flags or the BIG E.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Spacious suites with fully equipped kitchen, perfect beds, free breakfast, free supper Monday thru Thursday. Swimmingpool, Whirlpool, moderately priced. The General Manager even came by as we were eating breakfast and went out of his way to help us finding a nice state park for hiking and swimming.
Homewood Suites are our preferred hotel when travelling as a family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing your review and for your business. I greatly appreciate both.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our amenities and services and hopefully the state park I suggested.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Peter Marks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Holyoke
Sheraton Springfield at Monarch Place
6 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Springfield/Downtown
Hampton Inn Chicopee/Springfield

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!