“Business Stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Business Stay”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is an amazing place to stay. I was here for work for a month and a half and it truly felt like home. The staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. The gym facilities were good and the food was good as well. The rooms feel like you are staying in a studio apartment not a hotel room. I am so happy this is my home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room I stayed in 2 different ones and they are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and making us your home away from home. This is an awesome compliment and I thank you for business and your loyalty to our hotel.

We are delighted that you consider us your home away from home and are looking forward to your return.

Peter Marks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Epping, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very attractive lobby, fireplace, nice pool, and a much better than expected complimentary breakfast with real eggs. Accessible to I-91, friendly staff, comfortable feel to the hotel all around. Very good experience, albeit for only one night. I'd recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and the time you took to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, our spacious family pool and the delicious breakfast.

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend with my boyfriend and our dog. We had a very relaxing stay in a clean, comfortable suite. The free hot breakfast was enjoyable with enough variety to satisfy most tastes. We stayed on the second floor facing the courtyard and it was very quiet and peaceful. It felt like a great bargain. Definitely worth returning and recommending to friends.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your special weekend at our hotel. Your very kind feedback about the hotel and breakfast is very much appreciated.

Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Being one of the many who travel weekly for work, I get to experience my share of hotels. I have stayed at this location many times for the past 2 years with good reason. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well maintained. The extended stay lay-out of the room gives you more of an "at home" feel which I enjoy. The work-out area and pool (a big hit with families) are also clean and up to date. The rack price of the room may seem high but there is value when considering the free breakfast and dinner offerings.
The Homewood chain is a predictably good hotel to stay at as are most Hilton properties. The differentiator for me at this location is the staff. I have a fluctuating schedule that frequently requires same-day reservations AND, I like certain rooms. Thats a lot to ask for and I don't expect to get what I want all the time especially at a popular hotel. The front desk staff (all of them!) make a point of remembering my name, knowing what I want and doing their best to get it for me. Good people trained well! You may expect that for my frequency there but I observe them doing this for many guest. I've yet to meet an unhappy staff member! They all make you feel like One of the family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bob S
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to my hotel and to the Hilton brand. We are delighted that you enjoy your stays and appreciate the time you took, to share this with your fellow travelers on TripAdvisor.

It is wonderful to read comments from guests, affirming that we succeed in our goal to provide outstanding customer service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Stayed with my girlfriend for a night just to get away we were very impressed with the room. They were large and clean also very quiet. I would definatly stay at one of these hotels again. Definatly worth the money.

Room Tip: Stayed on 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very kind review about our hotel. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of the hotel and our service. It is always appreciated, when we receive guest feedback, affirming that we met our goal.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I was in town for a funeral and as a mom I don't get away by myself very often. I picked this hotel for its location and also the pictures and reviews seemed very promising. I decided to shell out the extra cash for this beautiful room because I desperately wanted something clean. Well unfortunately I was disappointed in the cleanliness area. We stayed in a smoking room but I was surprised just how awful the stench was. There was urine on the underside of the toilet seat, gross! And when I pulled out the extra blanket and pillow from the zipped bag in the closet I was surprised to find numerous small hairs all over the pillow. Clearly it was used before and not washed. Not sure if lack of cleanliness had something to do with my request to check in a bit early. Overall the hotel was nice and quiet. Staff was very polite and helpful. Free breakfast was a nice touch. But considering I was specifically looking for cleanliness I was very disappointed with the lack of attention to detail.

• Stayed January 2013
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your review and the kind feedback about the hotel staff and amenities.

Having said that, I apologize for the cleanliness issue, which is not acceptable and I would like to discuss this further with you. Please call me at the hotel at 413-532-3100, so we can resolve this matter for you.

East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I took mt kids here for 1 night to get away from bustle of Christmas and just hang out. The place was very clean, the staff very nice and helpful and the pool and hot tub area was awesome, they even have a chest of pool toys and floats for the kids to use. Free dinner on SOME NIGHTS AND A FULL BREAKFAST MAKE THIS A REAL BARGAIN. We will do this again soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamaluke3
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, I appreciate your business and the kind feedback you left about the hotel.

We pride ourselves for our pool area, to be very kid friendly with the toy treasure chest.

It is wonderful that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and dinner options as well and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Happy New Year ...

Homewood Suites Holyoke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
D. Hotel & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Springfield Northampton/Amherst
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!