“crisp and clean”

Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed at this Homewood suites on July 12 on our way to Prince Edward Island from Northern Indiana. The staff was very professional and courteous. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. Two large TV's, one in the sitting area and one in the bedroom. Refrigerator was also clean. There was a coffee maker. The breakfast had two hot entrees including eggs prepared by a two person staff. There was an waffle maker so one could make their own. They had yogurt, fresh fruit, toast, cereal, etc. A very nice breakfast that meant we could have a good meal and get on our way. We liked it so well we booked it for our return trip home. My sister and brother-in-law liked their rooms and the experience as well. The hotel is located in an area that felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your nice review here on TripAdvisor and I thank you for your business. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We just returned yesterday from a 2-night stay at Homewood Suites, while visiting Six Flags New England. My only regret would be not staying longer. The rooms are immaculate, as is the pool area. We had 3 children in our party who were delighted with the array of toys they could play with in the pool. Breakfast was delicious, and the general manager could be found each morning, socializing with the guests and offering ideas of fun things to do in the area. At his suggestion, we'll be returning in the early fall to go ziplining. The entire staff was extremely hospitable and attentive. If given the choice, I would never stay at another chain hotel again. I am hoping there will always be a Homewood Suites nearby, wherever we travel, and we will definitely return to this location again. I can't say enough good things about this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

On one hand yes, it’s a chain hotel with Chain hotel standards. On the other hand, it’s all about how you execute those standards. The room was spacious and well-appointed, immaculate and complete. Wi-Fi worked without a hitch. Reception was efficient and friendly, and the included breakfast was fresh, and had plenty of selections.
This was our second stay here, but if we have occasion to be in the area again, it definitely won’t be our last.

Room Tip: There's only one elevator,and it gets busy, so avoid the top flloor and take the stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and your kind review here on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted as a team that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is not the first time we stayed at this chain-but it is the first time we stayed at this one. This was a great place to stay with great clean rooms and pretty good free food. The kids like this type a place over a standard hotel anyday. They really understand what is important for families and the price is just right. The staff is friendly. They have board games for kids to borrow. Great for families. This particular location has plenty of great shopping nearby and a Red Robin.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your two week visit to Western Mass. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff exceeded your expectations.

I will be certain to share your feedback with our team during our next morning huddle.

We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

A colleague and I spent two weeks in a two room suite and it was a great alternative to a regular hotel room. We had a kitchen, which enabled us to save a lot of money on dining out, and a free breakfast and evening reception on most days. Also, the customer service at this hotel was fabulous. Everyone on staff was great! From the housekeeping staff to the front desk, everyone was welcoming and extremely helpful. I will be staying here again and am curious to find out if all the Homewood Suites are this good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with my team, to show your appreciation.

We hope you will stay with us again, if you are back in the area.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

After completing a two week stay at this fine property, I can conclude that this hotel understands what all travelers need and want.  From the very first phone call I made to the front desk staff to the housekeepers, everyone was competent, welcoming and genuinely kind.  I have never felt more comfortable at any other hotel and I strongly believe it is because the people here understand what good customer service includes.  It truly felt like the staff here have mastered the across-the-board positive culture that so many other big name hotel chains struggle with.

My initial contact was made through the phone and I was met with the assistant to the sales manager who was ready, willing, and able to deal with my unique situation.  She stated that she would run my request across the sales manager and get back to me with an answer.  I was shocked when my phone rang less than 5 minutes later!  She brought me the news I wanted to hear and I immediately booked my stay with her.  Upon arrival at the hotel (at 2 a.m.), my traveling companion and I were greeted with a smile and shown our room.  Our king suite was extremely spacious and really had everything needed to make a "home-away-from-home."  The hot breakfast was excellent and the variety was wonderful over the  two week period.  It was real food that was cooked in a kitchen, not just warmed up in a microwave.  Upon our return to the hotel the first full day of our stay, we partook in the "Welcome Home Reception."  It was far beyond my expectations for this kind of thing.  Marlene, the dining room hostess, was just wonderful and after two weeks I decided that I would miss her because of her warmth and ability to make all guests feel welcome and important.  As my traveling companion and I were enjoying our complementary glass of Merlot, a kind fellow with a name tag asked how we were doing and if we needed anything.  We had some questions and only after 15 minutes of conversation did we realize that this kind fellow was actually the General Manager of the property, Peter Marks.  Again, another person was genuinely concerned about our comfort and happiness while staying at the property!  We ended our evening feeling like we'd made a new friend.  Throughout our stay, we observed Mr. Marks mingling with the guests and building relationships while handling other people's issues with kindness and humility.  He seems to be a master of his craft.

I wanted to review this property after only a few days of our stay because I found the culture to be so rare but decided to wait the full two weeks of our stay to see if it was a fluke. It was not.  This is by far the best hotel that I have ever stayed at for every category that exists on hotel reviews.  It is truly the best of the best!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review. We are excited that we were able to exceed your expectations during your two week stay. We pride ourselves in our service and it is great to hear from guests like you, that we succeeded.

I will be certain to share your review with my team and celebrate your kind feedback.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
D. Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!