All reviewsholyoke mallsix flagsbasketball courtmon thursfull kitchenbig ehome away from homepool and hot tubtwo room suitelarge mallgreat place to staythe sofa bedcomplimentary breakfastvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againhall of famethe general manager
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The staff...from management level to laundry personnel could not have been more helpful, efficient and caring. They were immediately attentive to everything we needed beyond the norm contained within our room. Ourside BBQ for family, extra supplies and aide for my wheelchair bound husband, special loving for our dog...they anticipated, and met, our every need. Our suite was fully accessible, including a wheel in shower, clean and well equipped. The free morning breakfasts offered excellent selections and the evening dinners were not the typical hotel fare. We felt like family...and ever so well cared about/for. An EXCELLENT value..we'll be back for sure!!! Nancy Bouthilette

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear of the hotel are easier if you're travelling with a pet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy B
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback. We enjoyed having you stay with us and are looking forward to welcoming you back into our Homewood Suites Family anytime.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

When I went to my room I have only one roll of toilet paper when I asked for one more, the housekeeping for one more roll, she told me that they didn't have more in the hotel. When I touch my bath towels there are a little wet. Good staff, but I think if a paying for a room we needs a complete supplies in our room

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Daniel S
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. Please accept my apology for our service failure. Your suite should certainly be ready with all guest supplies on hand.

Please contact me at the hotel 413-532-3100 to discuss your experience further.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a super-fantastic weekend ...

Reviewed June 15, 2012

An okay hotel and staff accommodating but the noise from the highway made it impossible to sleep. We checked out after the first night and moved on to quieter locale. Bathrooms need updating. Large, flat screen Tv in room. We did use the pool and hot tub, which was on the tepid side. Also, the floor around the pool was so wet, I was certain I would fall. Full breakfast.

Room Tip: Stay away from the side of the hotel facing highway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Please accept my apology for the highway noise. We have been working on solutions for this, since the devastating snow storm in October 2011 destroyed many of the trees between the hotel and the highway, and eliminated our natural sound barrier.

Please be rest assured, that we are working diligently on a solution, to ensure a good night rest for all of our guests.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Homewood Suites in Holyoke for my cousins wedding. I have stayed at other Homewood Suites and been happy with the quality of the rooms and other amenities in the past so I expected the same from this hotel. The suite we stayed in was well furnished, clean, and equipped with a full kitchen. The breakfast was included and was well stocked with eggs, sausages and lots of cereals, muffins and coffees. The pool was very appealing and both the hot tub and pool were clean and well stocked with fresh towels. The one thing that put this hotel above and beyond in my mind was the way that the entire hotel staff from the front desk to the housekeepers worked exceptionally hard at making this one of theh best hotel stays I have had in a long time!

I was ironing my husbands shirt an hour before the wedding, when the iron leaked rusty water all over his one and only dress shirt. I was highly dismayed and called down to the front desk who immediately asked for my husbands shirt size and sent someone over to the nearby mall to get him a new shirt. They delivered the new shirt and a new iron to our room within 20 minutes (and didn't charge us for the new shirt), which was plenty of time to iron the new shirt AND get to the wedding on time! The housekeeper also took the damaged shirt away to be cleaned and had it returned to us by the morning in tip top shape. The efficiency of the entire hotel team was amazing!

In addition to the shirt episode, every hotel member worked diligently to make sure the entire wedding group was extremely satisfied. They offered a conference room where we could hang out in after the wedding where we wouldn't disturb other guests and they even brought us popcorn and cookies (since we were there until four in the morning!) The front desk was amazing (especially Stephanie) and they constantly responded to even our most obnoxious demands quickly and with a positive attitude.

I would DEFINITELY reccommend staying at the Homewood Suites in the Holyoke/Springfield area and I would stay there again if I was visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are working very hard on exceeding our guests expectations every day and I am delighted that you recognized this, in such a way. I will be certain to share your review about Stephanie in front of her peers for the amazing service she provided.

I appreciate your business and we are ecstatic that your family weekend and wedding worked out so well.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was really impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, the professionalism of the staff and the food offered at breakfast. The breakfast buffet was always fresh and clean. The eggs were not dry and the selection of items to eat was amazing! The work out center is fantastic! Smells clean, the machines worked perfectly and the water was refreshing. I wish I had brought my swimsuit as the pool looked amazing. I was surprised to even see an arm with a chair to lower a person into the pool if they needed assistance. VERY nice. I would recommend staying here as the bed is comfy and the rooms are inviting. I stayed in a King Suite and was very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your business and the time you took to share your review online. I am delighted that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast and our new Fitness Room. We pride ourselves in our hotel and the service we provide.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back.