Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Overall a comfortable, attractive hotel with friendly, helpful staff. The room was a little smaller than other Homewoods I have been in, but it was clean, and nicely appointed with 2 TVs, and a totally functional kitchen. My kids said the pool was too cold (I didn't try it), but the work out room was very nice: the equipment was in good shape; the temperature was just right; there was a water cooler and towelettes to clean the equipment when I was finished. The staff were all wonderful from the manager who had come from Rhode Island to fill in (can't remember her name) to the breakfast staff. Everyone was pleasant and seemed to actually like their jobs. If the need arises I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and that you took the time to write this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry your kids felt the pool was too cool, I have our Engineering Team look into this.

We hope to welcome you back in the future, when you are back in the area.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Had to visit from Connecticut on a Business trip....The place is immaculate, the staff super friendly and work well as a team to ensure a "Positive Experience"...One associate even went out of their way to purchase a birthday card for me and got the whole staff to sign it because they knew that I was spending my birthday away from home on business..The cupcake with the candle in it also made a nice touch....When visiting the Holyoke-Springfield area...This hotel is definitely a keeper...!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

As a loyal Hilton Honor's Member it means a lot to us, that you took the time during your travels to write this review and select us as your favorite hotel. Thank you very much and thank you for staying with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we could be your extended family away from home, to celebrate your special day.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Normally, having grown up in the area, I would avoid Holyoke like the Plague. But this hotel somehow feels very safe. It's 2 seconds from a huge mall, although not very walkable due to the highway. We stayed there two months ago in an inside room. This time I asked for a similar room away from the highway on check-in, and was told I was overlooking a "park." Otherwise known as the highway greenery. I guess the hotel was full and they couldn't change my room. Either I am going deaf in my dotage or the highway noise wasn't noticeable by a very picky customer. One other complaint before I get to the compliments. The only bed covering aside from the sheet was a heavy, superwarm comforter. The options were to sweat under the comforter or freeze under the sheet. How about a lighter covering beneath the comforter for a layered effect?
So why does this place merit 4 stars? Over-the-top friendliness of both the staff and the inhabitants. The first time we were there, tornado refugees and FEMA workers swelled the hotel population. It was almost an atmosphere of being in a bomb shelter after the bombs had dropped. Everyone compared notes and gave helpful advice. This visit, the guests were just as chatty and friendly towards each other, so the guest house feeling wasn't an anomaly. The staff were so concerned for every aspect of comfort that they should work at the Ritz. Also, for the price, a fairly complete brteakfast and dinner await, including free wine and beer. What a deal! The two rooms of the suite were the same price as a regular hotel room, and my husband could watch all his late night cop shows without keeping me awake. For those who don't know the Springfield area, this spot in Holyoke is 10-20 minutes frofm anywhere you might want to visit. See you at the indoor pool!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PLUMBO
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I appreciate your business and the fact that you took the time to write this review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities we have to offer. We pride ourselves for our friendly staff and always try to make every guest experience unique.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future, to see the foliage change or spend a weekend shopping at the Holyoke Mall.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

My friend and I recently stayed at Homewood Suites. The main reason we stayed here was it was close by to Sixx Flags New England. We were so pleased with our stay at Homewood Suites and we are looking to our return stay at this hotel. We had a suite that had two queen beds. The room was very clean and had plently of room. The beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed the flat screen tvs in the bedroom and sitting area. We enjoyed a quiet nights sleep. The was bathroom was also very clean and good size. Check in was a breeze. Very friendly and helpful staff. Staff recommended a restaurant called Calie's for dinner. The food was very good and also close to Homewood Suites.

The breakfast buffet was good. Had plently of choices including eggs, bacon, fruit, pancakes, yogurt, juice, coffee, ect. We also enjoyed the pool and hot tub. The pool was large and very clean. We did not try the exercise room but it looked nice as well. This hotel is great location right across from the Holyoke Mall. My friend and I enjoyed shopping the next at the Christmas Tree Shop.

We were so pleased with our stay at Homewood Suites. We will stay here again when we go back to Sixx Flags.

Room Tip: Try Calie's for dinner located in West Springfield.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind review is appreciated and we pride ourselves on our friendly service and the cleanliness we provide for our guests.

With the amazing new rollercoaster being built right now at Six Flags New England and the awesome Zip Lining Adventures in the area, we are looking forward to welcoming you back in 2012.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Spent a few days using this hotel as a 'basecamp' for a family visit to Six Flags New England. On the whole - it is just as a Homewood Suites should be. Clean rooms, the amenities you expect (indoor pool, breakfast buffet, small store with the basics, kitchenette with full sized fridge, etc). Clean, quiet - Homewood is usually our choice for weekend trips with the kids.

Given that there are not many hotels right next to Six Flags this is a good choice. Not too far away but really a better location than being in downtown Springfield. Right off the freeway, close to a mall - I suspect we will be back next summer when the call of the coasters is heard again!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your loyalty to Homewood Suites by Hilton. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in 2012 at your "base camp". If you have not heard already, Six Flags New England is adding some amazing new rollercoaster's for 2012. You may also enjoy some of the best Zip Lining in New England, not too far from our hotel. Just call and ask us for details.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We did a late check in, very pleasant, front desk was very helpful. Helped us set up our dvd and a bunch of things that we had questions about. It was very late so i was very surprised at how efficient they were. Breakfast was small but nice, eggs, sausage, toast, juice, etc
Rooms were nice and clean, kitchens were fairly small but had everything that you needed.
Not too much space when you opened up the sofa bed. Free wifi, and free internet access on computers in business center which is open 24/7
20 minutes from six flags, 15 minutes from Springfield
Overall, I would recommend this hotel to all

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with. I appreciate your business and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves for the service we deliver and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed here for one night so we could go to Six Flags. We are a family of four, two adults and two children. Our kids refuse to share a bed, so we needed a room with 3 beds. We ended up with a King Accessible Studio Suite with a pullout sofa and a rollaway bed/cot. I didn't think about the ethics of the reserving this room when we have no one with a wheelchair in our family. Sorry. :( But the hotel seemed kind of quiet, so I hope we inconvenienced no one.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful, though the person who checked us in wasn't quite clear about where we should park to best access our room. The morning staff very nicely answered several questions I had about Six Flags and helped us buy two tickets (we had 2 we'd won in a fundraising auction).

The bed.... oh, it was divine. I never wanted to leave that bed. It was so comfortable. I also have to say that it was nice to have so much room to maneuver around the beds (probably due to the suite being designed to be wheelchair accessible).

The setup is typical of Homewood Suites. We've never been disappointed with the room layouts, cleanliness and furnishings at a Homewood Suites.

The breakfast was a little under par. My kids look forward to the waffles and whipped cream, but none was available. I am guessing there was one at one point because pancake syrup was on the counter, but there was no wafflemaker while we were having breakfast. My son was crushed. :( The selection of pastries was skimpy, and there were few kid-friendly cereals. The eggs were good, though.

We did not go to the pool or fitness room, but we did do a quick load of laundry. Everything came out dry and clean.

The wifi was very good. Thank you. :)

Writing this review, I realize I didn't have much nitpicking to do, just the breakfast. I guess the breakfast is a crucial part of our Homewood Suites stay, and we don't want it to change.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ww1614
PeterMarks, General Manager at Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your business.

Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations in regards to breakfast. We have a large variety of breakfast items, which we rotate daily, to keep it "fresh". Having said that, we will review what we can add for children to our daily breakfast to exceed our guest's expectations. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are delighted that you otherwise enjoyed your stay and had an amazing night rest. Hopefully we will be your hotel of choice, when you return to the area.

Peter Marks

Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
D. Hotel & Suites
Residence Inn Springfield Chicopee
Residence Inn West Springfield
Residence Inn West Springfield
#7 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North? Share your experiences!