$134
$124
$109
Granby Motel(Granby)
$74
All reviewsroom was cleanking size bedspent one nightcollegeaccommodations
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This is one of the best hotel deals I've ever experienced, personally. I've paid five times as much for, in my opinion, far less scenic beauty and peacefulness.

The picture that I take away from my three nights there: sunset, in near complete silence - only crickets and birds - as the sun goes down behind Mount Tom (the mountain at the bottom of which the hotel is located,) reflecting in many colors off the wide and beautiful Connecticut River, which is only meters away.

Americas Best Value Inn is on Northampton Street in Holyoke.

I cannot recommend it more highly - to any traveler. Budget travelers will find a bargain, and luxury travelers will feel like they're 'roughing it,' but surely they'll enjoy the view and peacefulness of this place.

The hotel is located equidistant (3.5 miles) to the college eclecticism of Northampton and the equally interesting, if not as equally gentrified (at the moment) city of Holyoke, which has the highest Puerto Rican per capita diaspora in the United States.

What a beautiful area! Personally, I am thankful that there are still places like this in America. Where the scenery is the attraction, and nearby, you have a choice between many different cities, (Northampton, Amherst, Holyoke, and especially Springfield - 8 miles downstream, etc.)

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JuJu1983
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Disregard old reviews for this motel. The rooms are clean, the location is quiet and it is on a lovely stretch of RTE 5 at the foot of Mt. Tom. Take the back roads to UMASS for some lovely New England scenery.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The rooms are amazing, very clean and comfortable. The rooms are beautifully decorated. There is free Wi-Fi and free HBO. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The desk manager offered to get up early to make coffee. They made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CierraC
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Moving here for work, but do not yet have an apt.
I needed a cheap, clean place to stay, and stumbled on a modern, cheap, beautiful "semi-palace."

The place was redone six months ago on the inside of each room (only 17 rooms, so I have called ahead to make sure there is one, just in case....). I was warned, it's nothing to look at, but really who cares about a book's cover when there's an amazing story on this inside? Ok, that's cheezy... but this place is WORTH IT.

Mini-fridge/microwave, king size bed, lots of light, modern/clean furnishings, large tv with cable (HBO, etc) marble bathroom tile, small, but efficient closet, free internet, pedestal sink, hot shower, AC, desk with formal chair, table and chairs. -- oh and I think all of the rooms are on the first floor!

The room rate for last night (sunday) was $55/night (maybe AAA rate) and I joined the ABVI club and got 15% off! So all for <$52 WHAT A DEAL!!!! I didn't get an apt yet, but was more than happy to spend another night there, as I am right now! Today was a whopping $59, so with my discount and tax: < $55. wow, really? Awesome. just awesome.

Check out my photos if you don't believe me!

If I have to make a complaint, it's that they had just installed DirectTV and the room I was in had a tv that needed to be set to channel 3-- which I didn't know until I said something at check-out, and was told. Wasn't a big deal, had to leave for work, just wanted to check the weather on my way out.
--oh tv works perfectly in my current room!

---If this room had a full kitchen, I would consider living HERE instead of looking for an apt.....

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NYNewYorkerNY
Reviewed May 16, 2011

For $50 a Sunday night the experience was pretty pleasant...King size bed with fridge and microwave...Free internet in room but it wasn't working...I didn't mind...With $50 a night I wouldn't expect too much...Others may also have a problem with the pretty noisy heat/air condition system but I'm a pretty good sleeper it didn't bother me...

Room Tip: I got this price on Kayak. Regular price was $70.
Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SWildC
nandini730, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Traveler,
We want you to know how much we appreciate your business. Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs.

Regards,