“Great stay for UMASS lax tourney”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Holyoke
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Great stay for UMASS lax tourney”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Disregard old reviews for this motel. The rooms are clean, the location is quiet and it is on a lovely stretch of RTE 5 at the foot of Mt. Tom. Take the back roads to UMASS for some lovely New England scenery.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2011

The rooms are amazing, very clean and comfortable. The rooms are beautifully decorated. There is free Wi-Fi and free HBO. The staff is friendly and very accommodating. The desk manager offered to get up early to make coffee. They made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CierraC
NY
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Moving here for work, but do not yet have an apt.
I needed a cheap, clean place to stay, and stumbled on a modern, cheap, beautiful "semi-palace."

The place was redone six months ago on the inside of each room (only 17 rooms, so I have called ahead to make sure there is one, just in case....). I was warned, it's nothing to look at, but really who cares about a book's cover when there's an amazing story on this inside? Ok, that's cheezy... but this place is WORTH IT.

Mini-fridge/microwave, king size bed, lots of light, modern/clean furnishings, large tv with cable (HBO, etc) marble bathroom tile, small, but efficient closet, free internet, pedestal sink, hot shower, AC, desk with formal chair, table and chairs. -- oh and I think all of the rooms are on the first floor!

The room rate for last night (sunday) was $55/night (maybe AAA rate) and I joined the ABVI club and got 15% off! So all for <$52 WHAT A DEAL!!!! I didn't get an apt yet, but was more than happy to spend another night there, as I am right now! Today was a whopping $59, so with my discount and tax: < $55. wow, really? Awesome. just awesome.

Check out my photos if you don't believe me!

If I have to make a complaint, it's that they had just installed DirectTV and the room I was in had a tv that needed to be set to channel 3-- which I didn't know until I said something at check-out, and was told. Wasn't a big deal, had to leave for work, just wanted to check the weather on my way out.
--oh tv works perfectly in my current room!

---If this room had a full kitchen, I would consider living HERE instead of looking for an apt.....

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank NYNewYorkerNY
Maine
Reviewed May 16, 2011

For $50 a Sunday night the experience was pretty pleasant...King size bed with fridge and microwave...Free internet in room but it wasn't working...I didn't mind...With $50 a night I wouldn't expect too much...Others may also have a problem with the pretty noisy heat/air condition system but I'm a pretty good sleeper it didn't bother me...

Room Tip: I got this price on Kayak. Regular price was $70.
Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SWildC
nandini730, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Traveler,
We want you to know how much we appreciate your business. Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs.

Radnor, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2011

This is your average motel with better than average standards of cleanliness. The front desk manager was charming and immediately brought over extra towels without my asking and gave helpful driving directions. Obviously it is not five star and you will hear people leaving in their cars in the morning but over all it was quiet enough and right on a beautiful lake with free wifi and a fridge/microwave so perfectly pleasant for a night. My daughter was visiting colleges in the area and I found it very easy to get around to all the various campuses from here. The only cons were the TV is tiny and the air con is noisy so bring ear plugs if you think you will need it all night (I just turned it off).

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Meandertheworld
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 29, 2010

The Economy Inn is a total gem! The bad reviews must have been written before a remodel because I'm pretty picky and I felt totally clean and safe. The price was reasonable, the family owned staff is attentive and the rooms are BEAUTIFUL! My fiance and I liked the room and service so much, we decided to stay another night even though we were heading out of state the next day! I love this place and hope that it's this great next time I visit MA! Thank you!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 24, 2010

These old reviews are from before the hotel got new management and extensive renovation. Now it is an amazing, comfortable bargain with beautiful rooms with a modernist aesthetic, reliable wifi, and Direct TV. I stay there often and wouldn't go ANYWHERE ELSE. Sure, it looks like a 50s motel from the outside, but that's how it started life, and I find it endearing. Inside it is simply jaw dropping.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank marginalutility
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holyoke
D. Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites Holyoke-Springfield/North
Econo Lodge Hadley
Econo Lodge Hadley
#6 of 7 in Hadley

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!