“Worth a Trip”

Fernandez Family Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 114 Restaurants in Holyoke
Reviewed November 11, 2008

This is my favorite restaurant. I'm a teacher about 45 minutes away, and they're only open for lunch, so I make sure I get over there at least once every time I'm on break. I always get the pork, gallo pinto (Rice and Beans), and platanos fritos (Fried Plantains), and my wife is partial to the Chicken Stew. Make it a destination!

2  Thank timpsbrian

Reviewed July 14, 2008

Bring your fat pants, is how I describe this Spanish restaurant. You walk in hoping to have your favorite dish and walking out eating more than you planned, that when you need those "fat pants".

I have been going to Fernandez Family Restaurant for years now and since moving I make the special trip for the yellow rice, beans and pork with a side of skin (you have to try the pig skin). The staff are friendly and always helpful with suggestions.

Come on down to Holyoke and make that special trip to High Street and come in to what will be your only favorite stop for Spanish food.

3  Thank madrenaul
Reviewed July 1, 2008

MMM Good,
This is Hidden Jewel, in the small city of Holyoke, MA. The food is the best Puerto Rican Food in all of MASS. the location and parking is good and the place is very clean. The customer service is great, three beauiful sisters that petty much live in the Restaurant greet and service your every need. In addition the price is a steal where can fill your tank and have a full doggy bag to take home. Not to mention everything that Mr. Fernandez had done for this City is wonderful just ask anyone who knows him, he is a father figure to many children in this City. ITS A MUST DO WHEN VISITING HOLYOKE!!!

4  Thank HolyokeJoselo
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Wow,

Got take out Pork Rice & Beans for my family in Holyoke in June 08. The taste of this food was to die for. Simply wonderful. I wish we had Puerto Rican food here in Ohio, ( I am jelous of Holyoke'rs).

Also the place was sparkling clean, and the employees were great. I would drive 800 miles again just for Fernandez.

Jim O

Dublin, Ohio

5  Thank jim72150
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 8, 2008

The roast pork and yellow rice is phenomenal!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook