Slainte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Much better out there. With all the competition in Holyoke would would think they would try to be much more than the average restaurant.

1  Thank toddw330

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We attended a special dinner designed around V Vodka and enjoyed the evening very much. I was told that the Owner also does Wine Dinners, which we will certainly look for in the future

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Two weeks back my family and I were out in western mass and we checked tripadvisor to find place to eat.

First Impression: What is with the name? no one we talked to could pronounce it, I find it a little pretentious to name your restaurant something that people have a hard time to pronounce. we were wondering if the food would be Croatian inspired and named after the city, however that was not the case.

Upon Arrival we loved the view and the location! We received a warm welcome from the staff and were seated at a table near the window.

looking over The menu it was uninspiring and seafood heavy.

I ordered the cod entree and it was possibly the worst dish I have ever eaten. The fish was less then fresh and the dish was riddled with kalamata olives that ALMOST masked flavor of the fishy fish. My husbands dish was also disappointing however he said it was quite edible.

the Service was great and almost saved the experience, the young man who waited on us was helpful and professional.He did check on us and I would have asked to return the dish however we were on a time crunch and the food had taken quite a while to get to the table. I also did not want my husbands experience to be ruined.

The manager was also a young man who seemed very distracted he spent time checking his phone and sitting at the bar talking with other staff members. If he had been available I would have been happy to let him know that my dish was unsatisfactory if he had cared to check on us as we were one of the only tables in the restaurant.

Over all the experience could have been great if not for the lack of care that seemed to go into the guest experience and the freshness of the product.

The next night we went out to the North Hampton Brewery. Great food, Great Beer, Great concept Go there if you are looking for a place is it just a short drive down rt 5.

4  Thank Jeny A
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Have been to this restaurant a few times and had mediocre meals--we keep hoping it will improve, as it is close to home, has a great view and we were frequent visitors when it was 80 Jarvis. We always prefer bar seats when not dining with others and find that having one's back to the entrance door is just not a good idea. Also, they made the bar smaller and with so many people starting to prefer the bar for dinner, there is often not 2 seats together. As for food--tends to be ordinary and over cooked, as in dry, for just about everything we've ever ordered. (When you can't get a burger rare, you know they are using inferior meat). Skip it, unless it's a beautiful day and you want to enjoy drinks on the patio.

3  Thank garnets2052
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Waited several minutes before server took our drink order. Requested a Tanqueray/Tonic and a house Cabernet.T&T didn't taste quite right and after a few sips I asked the server if it was Tanqueray. She stated they were all out of that brand. I would have liked to have been informed before my drink was served so I could decide on my own which gin was available. My wife's drink looked about 3 oz. Granted I wasn't charged for my drink. We then ordered a Rueben sandwich and an appetizer. Received a BLT instead. Slow service, not informing the customer what is not available and getting the order wrong was not what I bargained for. I miss the servers from 80 Jarvis-when it was 80 Jarvis.

2  Thank Mrs911