“Overpriced Food, Abusive Service and Volcanic Eggs”
Review of The Dam Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dam Cafe
Ranked #18 of 112 Restaurants in Holyoke
Cuisines: American
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“Overpriced Food, Abusive Service and Volcanic Eggs”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place should be called the Damned Cafe because the food is overpriced, the service incredibly slow and their tiny staff incompetent. On my way to two appointments I stopped in for a egg, bacon and cheese sandwich. I was the only person ordering and specifically requested the egg not be runny. After waiting five 8 minutes, the egg sandwich came out with NO egg. When I approached the counter attendant she said "you wanted egg?" The pubescent cook came out and I carefully explained the science behind the term "over medium" which in essence is an egg flipped just shy of a hard yolk. When I bit into the sandwich in my car, the egg exploded bleeding raw egg yolk ALL OVER MY BEAUTIFUL CHOCOLATE BROWN WOOL WRAP, the almond color sweater and shirt I wore underneath. My car stunk like raw egg and so did I. The owner was hostile, unprofessional and negligent.

• Visited November 2012