“fries aplenty”

Cuisines: American
Holyoke, Massachusetts
“fries aplenty”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Seated quickly, not too busy, waitress attentive, in and out +/- 1 hr, good menu choices, pink means pink, wife's burger thinner than remembered from past visits, atmosphere good but noisy even though not very busy

• Visited September 2013

Milton, Vermont
“Exceeded My Expectations”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My 2 sisters, my aunt, and I were heading down to Connecticut for the weekend and decided at the last minute to stop in to Red Robin in Holyoke for lunch at around 11:15am. We don't have one in Vermont and thought it would be just another hamburger joint, just something quick and easy. I am so glad we stopped. It was one of the best experiences I've had in a restaurant.

Because it was so early the restaurant wasn't very busy. Our waitress, Stacey, was very pleasant and seemed very hyper (which sometimes can be good and sometimes can be quite annoying) but she was awesome! She was so on top of everything. We didn't really need to ask for anything.

My sister and I decided to split a BBQ Whisky Chicken Sandwich because neither of us thought we were hungry enough for our own. The sandwich comes with these onion straws on them and my aunt whispered over to us to leave them off the sandwich because she wanted some (she hates bbq sauce and didn't want them plastered with it). Not many restaurants have them anymore (at least not in Vermont) and she was very excited about them. The waitress heard her and told her that she would bring out a basket for us at no charge, which was really great of her. As it turned out she actually brought out two baskets which was so great as my other sister then decided to put some on her burger too.

She also brought out a basket of french fries for us to snack on while we waited for our food.

My aunt decided to order a salad since it was 98 degrees out and very humid. She thought eating something heavy like a burger might make her feel ill afterwards. She ordered the crispy chicken salad with honey mustard and I must say it was the most perfect salad I have ever seen. Not only did the honey mustard have a great flavor but there was real bacon, chopped up egg, and very fresh vegetables. It was also so big that she couldn't even eat all of it.

She continuously brought refills to the table without being asked and she made me the best mint brownie milkshake I've ever tasted.

Aside from the service, the burger that my other sister ordered was really good! It had a really good flavor and was very juicy. The fries were all piping hot and perfectly crisp as well.

I walked in thinking it was just another burger joint, but it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in a restaurant from the service to the food. It exceeded my expectations in every aspect. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2013
Shohola, Pennsylvania
“Tasty Burgers with great service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant for the first time and it was a great experience. The waitress took the time to welcome us since we had never been to a Red Robin before and explain the menu. Although it was crowded we were seated within minutes and were not made to feel rushed at any point. The burgers were a little slow in coming out so the waitress returned with complimentary fries while we waited what I would consider fast time. The burgers came and were very tasty and cooked exactly as we had asked for. We both had Peach San Gria which were very tasty and very fruity. For dessert we shared the brownie which was more than enough for 2 people. As with other franchise pubs, the place was very well decorated and you could spend hours looking at the collections and was very clean.

• Visited July 2013
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
“NOT “GOURMET” BURGERS”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tried for the first time after recommendations from friends and we were not impressed. I had the sautéed ‘smroom and you get a choice of pink or no pink center. I opted for the no pink as the waiter said the pink is more pink even to his liking. It still had a very tiny bit of pink which was fine with me. The burger itself had a char-broiled taste which my companion felt overpowered the burger but I didn't feel that. Unfortunately I felt that was the only tasty part. The rest of the burger was very bland. Despite using salt and a seasoning mixture on the table I wasn’t able to perk it up. It was advertised as having a "hint of garlic Parmesan spread" which I wasn't able to detect at all. The bottomless fries are steak fries which I prefer the skinny fries so that was a disappointment and they were not piping hot as fries should be and we didn't ask for more. Sad to say, my companion ordered a strawberry milkshake which he said was the highlight of his meal and was very good. I definitely would not consider these gourmet burgers. I toyed with giving this an average rating or poor rating but because the waiter was very attentive and helpful and the service was quick, I gave it an average rating but most likely we will not return.

• Visited May 2013
Norton, Massachusetts, United States
“Consistent good food, received poor service this location”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I frequent Red Robin at another location so knew what to expect. I was away from home and was looking for a reliable/quick meal. The food as always was very consistent and I was pleased with my burger. It is always nice to be away from home and be able to go into a restaurant and know what the food will be like. The service however was disappointing. I am not sure if it was due to understaffing or just a poor server but we were not offered refills on fries or drinks by our server. We did eventually get drink refills from another server who had delivered our food but even when our glasses were all empty our server either did not notice or did not want to make effort to refill. This is probably my biggest pet peeve at restaurants. Keeping peoples glasses full is easy and it often will make up for longer wait time for food etc.
Good food as always, I will eat at Red Robin again but maybe not this location.

• Visited April 2013