“The friendliest Chinese/Sushi restaurant around!”

Wong Dynasty Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 25 Restaurants in Holden
Cuisines: Chinese
Worcester, Massachusetts
“The friendliest Chinese/Sushi restaurant around!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We dine there at least once a week, primarily for Sushi. The staff is very attentive and the Sushi is fresh and reasonably priced.Yes, it is very, very busy on weekend evenings but it is because it is good!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank wendyj68

Bonaire
“Cheap Chinese Eats But Good”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

We love it here..cheap eats, lively spot, cold frothy Mai Tai's and wonderful wait staff!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank caribchakita
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Very good food on a very busy Friday night!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten at Wong Dynasty several times over the past year and would rate this a decent place offering decent food at decent prices. Not spectacular in any category, though. Last night my daughter and I arrived at 7 pm without reservations and the place was packed. We were seated within five minutes. Our drink orders and appetizers, except my sashimi, were served promptly. The Chinese dishes were large servings, flavorful and reasonable for the price. I did have to ask the waitress about my sashimi plate, which arrived in the middle of the meal. The salmon and tuna slices were large but the striped bass was small. However, all of the fish was cold and fresh. At $2 to $3 for a serving of sashimi, this is a bargain compared to the more popular sushi places in the Worcester area. Their rolls, which we have had in the past, are large but a bit complicated - too many ingredients hide the flavor of the fish in my opinion.

If you are looking for an elegant, high end Asian dining experience, go elsewhere, like Las Vegas or New York. If you a looking for a great family dining experience, and can put up with a bit of slow service on busy nights, Wong Dynasty is a very good place to go.

1 Thank Ron L
Holden
“Awful Service”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Went we 2 other couples. They completely forgot to put the order in for one member of the party. After the rest of the meals came they went to check on the missing dinner. Came back 10 minutes later confused that it still wasn't out. Needless to say everybody was done eating and they stil didn't have the meal. The manager was kind enough to take the meal off the bill, no duh!!!, and offered 10% of the next visit. Really that's the best they could do. The discount is worthless since I doubt any of us will go back.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank blebreton
Holden, Massachusetts
“Don't get sushi! Won't be back-ever!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Got Take out last week.Family wanted sushi, but didn't feel like driving 30 minutes to our favorite sushi place.
We have never been to Wong Dynasty, but decided to try it out. Bad Mistake.
Where to begin?
Sushi was not edible. As a rule I NEVER get raw sushi (handrolls) at a combined Chinese/Sushi place as it is a fact that most places can only get one thing right.
On the menu the items that are raw are marked with an asterik so I specifically stayed away from these items. However out of the 6 handrolls I ordered, 4 came with raw seafood? This was not specified in the item description. What gives? Sushi presentation looked and smelled horrible. Eel was chewy. I LOVE eel so I kept trying another piece. Nope, each peice was just as chewy as the last. Avocado was brown and "tempura" rolls were not tempured, just sprinkled with bread crumbs (panko). WOW! Never again!
We also got chinese. How can you mess up Crab Rangoon? It's my daughter's favorite and she has been known to eat an entire box. She had 1 and a half and refused to eat another bite. They were mostly dough- bland.Very small amounts of cream cheese with scallion, but no crab.
Oh and they were $6 for 6. That's a dollar per crab rangoon! The other Chinese place in Holden gives you twice as much for that amount and if you buy 2 you get one free!
Meatless Lomein: I should have known when the woman on the phone corrected me twice when I asked for Vegetable Lomein. She assured me that it's "meatless" lomein. That's right. All that it consisted of was noodles with sliced scallion and carrots. NO vegetables, no water chestnuts. Again, very BLAND.
Chinese food wasn't terrible, just not Good. Perhaps this review would be different if we had eaten in, but what a disappointment!

• Visited February 2012