“Always a delight”
Review of Square Cafe

Square Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Square Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Hingham
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped in here after a movie at the Loring Theater, just for a drink and a quick bite. My friend and I ate at the bar and lingered there for two hours rehashing The Master and enjoying some Malbec and bar food. This place never disappoints even if you're only having a burger and a salad. Great ingredients, beautiful presentation, and just an overall delight to be in such a welcoming atmosphere.

1  Thank anon3200

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Just the right feel for a special event. You will find yourself inventing special events. They have really consistently great cuisine and helpful and pleasant service.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

An elegant and slightly yuppy clientele frequent this lovely restaurant...you will know what I mean when you decide to try it yourselves. That said, the host is very alert and prompt in seating you, the staff is experienced and knowledgeable . Now for the food we have tried a few of their entrees and appetizers and always come out satisfied. Great food, great presentation . Yesterday my pork egg rolls were good but the pork had a certain taste that i did not really care for ...the sauce had a bite to it and was good, the accompanying cut vegetables were delicious, my husband's burger was outstanding! Excellent cafe to end our meal. Always a great experience!

Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

Though pricey and maybe a tad stuffy, the food here is simply unbeatable for a small south shore town. Prices are on the higher side but it's worth it for the quality. Recommended.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I ate at the Square Cafe to celebrate her birthday. It was actually our 3rd choice but our first two would not take a reservation on a Saturday night for a party of less than 4. My wife works in the area and had heard good things at The Square Cafe and I had not been since 2008 so we decided we should check it out. Boy was it a great call, what a fantastic dinner. First off the bread was excellent. We each then got an app. I got the flat-bread which was good and my wife got the mussels which she loved. For our main courses she got salmon which she said was one of the best she has had and I got the flat iron steak with the Korean rub which surprised me with both its great flavor and tenderness (cut it with my fork). It also came with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes which had a kick and went great with the steak. For dessert she got cheesecake which was good and I got the chocolate lava cake which was delicious. Not only did our server do a great job but all the staff were attentive without being too in your face. We plan to go back next time we have another occasion to celebrate. I also found the price to be reasonable as we each bot an app, small plate main course and dessert along with a bottle of white wine and the bill before tip was $133.

2  Thank Stephen M