“Great Steak”

Burtons Grill & Bar
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in The Derby Street Shoppes on Hingham's Route 53 (exit 15 off of Rte 3), Burtons Grill - Hingham is ideal for shoppers and locals, for power lunching or socialising after work. Celebrate something special or enjoy fine wine with appetisers in the beautiful bar and lounge area. A seasonal outdoor patio is the ideal escape from the office, late afternoon cocktails or a relaxing dinner with friends. Presenting contemporary American cuisine, Culinary Director Denise Baron has created an enticing selection that bridges both flavour and presentation. Burtons' menus cover crisp salads, hearty sandwiches and juicy burgers to aged beef served with seasoned butters and sauces. Baron and her staff make sure to showcase New England seafood and the superior quality of Niman Ranch pork. Whether stopping for a light pasta, celebrating a special anniversary with seafood and chardonnay, or meeting friends for a drink, Burtons will delight you.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

As always we had a great Steak at button's. People are friendly and never rush you out. Even if there is a a crowd. I would go back food is great

2  Thank Robert S

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This place is often packed with people, perhaps it is the bar since the food is average at best. Now, i come here a few times a year to meet friends on the South Shore, as it is a good location to meeting geographically. The food is just average; edible, just not special. The 30 dollar ribeye steak i had was about 1/2 inch thick, and without flavor. Baked potato, salad - what i would expect at Shoney's Big Boy. Oh well.

1  Thank bobolouie
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I met an ole friend today to celebrate our recent birthdays. Both of us had been to Burton's in the past and agreed this would be a good midpoint for both of us. Jayne had been to Burton's for lunch but had not been there for dinner. I had been for dinner but not for lunch. Had it been the dinner menu I would most definitely have ordered their New York Strip. The steak has been absolutely delicious every time. Today I got a chicken over risotto dish. The risotto was a little on the al dente side but the chicken was lip smacking good. Prior to getting the chicken I ordered a cup of their butternut squash soup which was delicious. It was just enough to tide me over until my chicken arrived. Jayne enjoyed her Cod sandwich that came with coleslaw and hand cut French fries. The waitress was good and the service was fine. We ordered after meal coffee and tea. In the past I have had friends order the short ribs and the shrimp scampi. Pam (who is not a big meat eater) loved the short ribs and Betsy would not think of ordering anything but the Shrimp Scampi---and just try getting a bite/taste from her. You have a better chance of winning the lottery. I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is not inexpensive BUT it is GOOD.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Burton's is a mid-priced restaurant chain with a mid-sized menu and good food. I had the scallop on risotto special and it was delicious. Service was good, and our server very nice, but she was so busy, we had to reminder that we had ordered drinks when she came to take our dinner order.

Be sure to call ahead for reservations or you'll probably not get in (especially on the weekends).

The ambiance is modern and comfortable, but a bit crowded and noisy.

Ask to be seated away from the door, especially in the winter, because it can be very drafty (and cold).

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Not only was the food good, and the ambience great with quiet cozy booths, but I can't say enough about how much they care about protecting those with food allergies. Very professional. After giving me a GF menu I told them I also have a dairy allergy. They brought me a roll that was both GF and dairy free. The manager came over after I ordered. She wanted to clarify if I could have eggs. She told me my food would come on a square plate, and that if it wasn't on a square plate, not to eat it and call over the waitress. My friend with whom I was eating is also GF. But the manager brought my plate out first, saying two food allergies, so it comes out separate. The manager came over again later in the meal to check in. The place is very well run. The food was great and there were lots of options. I am really looking forward to going back!

3  Thank happyarchitect