“It's good, but I expected much better”

Burton's Grill of Hingham
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in The Derby Street Shoppes on Hingham's Route 53 (exit 15 off of Rte 3), Burtons Grill - Hingham is ideal for shoppers and locals, for power lunching or socialising after work. Celebrate something special or enjoy fine wine with appetisers in the beautiful bar and lounge area. A seasonal outdoor patio is the ideal escape from the office, late afternoon cocktails or a relaxing dinner with friends. Presenting contemporary American cuisine, Culinary Director Denise Baron has created an enticing selection that bridges both flavour and presentation. Burtons' menus cover crisp salads, hearty sandwiches and juicy burgers to aged beef served with seasoned butters and sauces. Baron and her staff make sure to showcase New England seafood and the superior quality of Niman Ranch pork. Whether stopping for a light pasta, celebrating a special anniversary with seafood and chardonnay, or meeting friends for a drink, Burtons will delight you.
pjpowers82
“It's good, but I expected much better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

The food here is good, but I expected much better. They are trying to be too fancy and loose the art of just making good food. Their steaks are really good, but a lot of the apps and side dishes miss the mark.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank pjpowers82

Kingson, MA
“Excellent food, awesome staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

Ate here last night. Made reservations, sat right away, food was delicious, nice GF menu, awesome staff, and Keith took great care of us. Can't wait to go back! Best restaurant on the south shore.

Massachusetts
“The restaurant fed my soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Went after a long Saturday at work. Called late for a reservation and got the only one available at 530. It was busy upon arrival and smiles greeted us. Sat at table and waited for our waitress...no waitress came. About 5 minutes and I was starting to get concerned another waitress came and said she was behind due to big table but could she gets us drinks. After the drinks she came and said I will be your waitress with a big smile. She was awesome. I had the short rib special and OMG..melted in my mouth. Chunks of carrots, reduced orange galzed gravy and mashed potatoes. Perfect for a long day. My wife had Salmon which was superb.
We have eaten at Burtons numerous times and it is consistently great. Busy all the time but not overly loud. Lighting is perfect for romance as well.
I would rate them a 9.8.

• Visited November 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I love Burtons. We go about once every two months. The food is consistently delicious. The service is great. We go to the Hingham location most often but have also been to the one in Boston close to Fenway park. It's definitely a little expensive, but totally worth it.

• Visited September 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
“The best restaurant on the South Shore by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

If you want a restaurant that is consistently great, you need to go to Burton's! This has become our favorite restaurant. We have been here many, many times, mostly for dinner, but also for lunch, and it has ALWAYS been great! We literally have never had anything that wasn't good! They always have monthly specials which include a salad, entree, martini which is usually seasonal, and a wine special. I love the bronzed salmon served with a vegetable and rice or potato. The burgers are amazing. Salads, oh it's so hard to choose! I love the Ceaser, the Mediteranean salad and the Chopped Wedge salad! They have a nice selection of seafood, steak, sandwiches, etc. Service is awesome but you do need reservations on the weekend. My only complaint is I wish they had a bigger restaurant to accommodate everyone on the weekends!