“Though not consistent, we still like it”
Review of Nino's Steak & Chop House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Boston
“Though not consistent, we still like it”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went on a night that was not busy. Service was excellent. Food is still good, but as I reviewed before, not consistent. I asked that the Linguine de Mare be made fra diavolo (with only slight heat). The accommodation was made, but the heat was NOT SLIGHT. Fortunately, the extra heat was still palatable, but not the way I ordered it. The ambience of this restaurant helps make it a true value.

• Visited August 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible steak”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I ordered a ribeye medium rare and got a rare. I sent it back and recieved well done. I can only imagine that it went to a microwave. The staff was curteous. The wedge salad was also a chop salad. I won't return. This is a one and done

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank OldManBinky
Massachusetts
“Tasty”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Generous glasses of wine and a nice martini. First time in my 65 years that I've been served a shrimp cocktail and the shrimp still had the entire shell on, not just that little piece at the tail. Pretty strange. Like peel and eat shrimp, but not appropriate for a shrimp cocktail. Had a ribeye with peppers and onions over polenta. Tasty, but the peppers were very hard and very difficult to cut with a knife. More so than raw ones. Polenta was a fried "cake" which was OK, I just prefer a loose serving. Lots of pasta dishes and Italian menu choices, but was surprised when we asked for cappuccino that they don't have any. I'll never understand why a restaurant won't buy a machine to make espresso/cappuccino when they can charge a good deal of money for a cup (make more profit) and make people happy. I would return if we were in the area because we liked it.....just making observations.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank retired01
Boston, Massachusetts
“..."outstanding building outside,average food inside"”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Came here on a Friday night with group of 10 friends.Bar area was very nice,sunken seating on one side,with fireplace which should have been roaring on a cold night. We had a private dining room off the main room, where our service was below average from the waitress--either she had too many tables on a busy Friday night,or just a poor waitress--slow on drink refills,disappeared before we could order,did not ask if appetizer or wine would be wanted,then the food took forever to get delivered. I have to say the prices were very reasonable,i.e. fettucene alfredo $10.95 and the food portion was large. Nino's may be a nono in the furure..................

• Visited November 2012
oxford,md
“Surprise”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Easy find along rte 53. Unique quirky stone building that fulfills anticipation with its menu.. The kind of restaurant you hope will be just as good the next time you visit. This year (2012) it's been excellent three times.

Visited September 2012