“Awesome chowder and tasty drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Union Fish - CLOSED

Union Fish
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Lake Mary, Florida
“Awesome chowder and tasty drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

I stopped in for a late lunch. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very attentive. I tried the drink special, Cucumber cooler, and it was refreshing. I ordered an oyster sampler and chowder. The oysters were cold and delicious and the chowder full of clams. The atmosphere is nice and they have outdoor seating which is a must if the weather allows.

Visited August 2014

Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Great night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

This was my first visit with a group of friends and what a great night. Server was very attentive and helped with choices of appetizers.and she was right on.Tried and loved the hummus. All our entrees were delicious and portions were very plentiful. We were seated outside and it was a nice night and we didn't feel cramped or rushed . Definetly will be back. Only think lacking was some type of firepit.

• Visited August 2014
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Union Fish,Hingham”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went for dinner before a movie. Basic patio but nice to be outside. Appetizers v good, Spicey lump crab fonduta and smoked bluefish pate.Entrees tasty as well - Faroe island salmon.

• Visited July 2014
Boston
“Fresh Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was our 2nd time dining here. The first time we enjoyed it last summer and just recently on a Friday evening. This is not a romantic spot I have to say, tables close together and no special ambiance, but overall great food. We got there at 7pm and seat right away with no reservation, although it was quite busy. We wanted to sit outside and dine as it was a mild evening, but the music from the shipyard was as bit loud, and felt we would have been yelling just to hear each other. Not sure if they have live music every Friday nite in the summer, but I think the same thing happened last summer. Actually, we did sit outside last summer and the music from Walburgers was also playing so loud along with the live music by the harbor, that it was somewhat irritating. Nevertheless, this time we sat inside, hostess was pleasant. Didn't care for the cheap paper white table cloths, which made an annoying crumpling sound during dinner, but put that annoyance aside. We ordered 2 tropical cocktails which were very good. Our caesar salads came out quick, and oddly enough there were fresh bacon cumbles on the salad. I like bacon, but found it odd to put on that kind of salad, regardless, it was good, but if I went back, would nix the topping. The sourdough bread was very fresh and came with a chili pepper whipped butter that was a sweet mildly spicy flavor and excellent. My entree were the broiled scallops, mashed parsnips with a pickled type of onion. I have to say it was fantastic, although my only complaint was that some of the scallops were really small, and others of average size. Considering the cost of the entree, I would expect all the scallops to be of average size. My husband had the salmon and was very content with his entree. While we wanted to try the key lime pie and creme brulee, we were much too full. The atmosphere was ok - nothing special - there were a few tv's showing sports, baseball and tennis. There was only 1 bathroom for the ladies, which was a bit annoying, waiting to see when it was free, and of course, someone kept going in before I had the chance to get in. Overall, a delicious dinner and I would certainly go back.

• Visited August 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Skip it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ate here a second time to give it a fair chance. Nope. There's a reason that all the other Shipyard eateries have wait times and Union Fish doesn't. It's just not a good seafood place. The food quality ranges from ok to no way.

Visited July 2014