“Get a Table in the Wine Room”
Review of Tosca

Tosca
Reserve with OpenTable
Tosca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mill Street
Transit: Bus station also located behind the restaurant.
Description: Tosca is the flagship restaurant of Eat Well Inc. Open for dinner only, Tosca is located on historic Hingham Harbor and offers creative regional Italian cuisine focusing on fresh New England flavors and local, seasonal ingredients. Constructed in the 1910 Granary Marketplace building, the award-winning restaurant boasts a theatrical setting with exposed brick, imported tiles, mahogany woods, and an open kitchen from which executive chef Kevin Long takes center stage.
Renton, Washington
“Get a Table in the Wine Room”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Other south Shore restaurants could learn from these guys. Create a swanky atmosphere and offer a seasonal menu. The sea scallops were fantastic, the porcini wood fire pizza has just the right amount of truffle oil and the sides are a fun way to piece together a main course too. Honestly every dish here is good. Something for the vegetarians too.

Service has always been friendly and professional and I love to eat in the wine room at the back of the restaurant. Great ambiance.

Visited July 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“A favorite!!!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I LOVE Caffe Tosca. I have eaten there a handful of times over the past 6 months and have been happy every time. The menu is interesting and the food does not disappoint. Service has always been great. And the atmosphere is fantastic - whether dining indoors or outside under the twinkle lights in the trees. I will be back - over and over again!!!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JumpIt9999
Bridgewater, MA
“90% good”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were a party of 2 that grew to 6, the staff accommodated us immediately. The martinis were well made. A couple folks ordered draft beer and did not like it, they comped it and offered bottled beer that they did like. The appetizers were nicely done and great for sharing. Salads were creatively prepared and I really liked the beet salad. Our entrees were good, except that my steak ordered "medium" was burnt to a crisp on the outside, with a lot of carbonizing. The inside was flavorful and cooked correctly, but the outside was cinders. Not sure if this was a one off or how they cook their steaks. I did not bother to complain as the rabe and tater tot sides were outstanding. Dessert of chocolate torte and the homemade doughnut munchkins was outstanding. Overall I would agree this is a Boston-like dining experience in Hingham. Fix the steak and it's five stars. OpenTable is supported for reservations.

• Visited July 2013
greater boston area
“A Little Disappointed”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Tosca's in Hingham had such a great reputation years ago and I think we were expecting a great experience at their Caffe across the street. It was overall, just average. If you consider the price, I think we should have been more impressed. The salad to start was great and interesting; my husband and I split it. For our main dishes: he had the Chicken Saltenboca and said he has had much better elsewhere. Instead of serving it over pasta, it was served over potatoes. The sauce made the potatoes very mushy. I had the goat cheese filled ravioli. They put way too much butter sauce on it and my raviolis were swimming in grease. It really took away from the goat cheese flavor. We had dessert (chocolate sandwich), THAT was incredible. Anything with chocolate has my vote and this was fabulous. The service was good; the waitress was attentive enough. But, I don't think we will go there again.

• Visited June 2013
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came here for Mother's Day with a large party. The restaurant is not somewhere you would generally take small children but they were very accommodating for the holiday. We were seated in the side wine room with other large parties so it felt like a comfortable family environment. It was a busy day and several of us arrived late but the wait staff made us feel relaxed, comfortable, and not rushed. The appetizers we ordered were the flat bread pizza and oysters. Both were excellent. The specialty cocktails were good. I am a bit of a martini snob. I ordered my martini bone dry and they made it with vermouth which was a disappointment. They had a wonderful selection of wines by the glass and bottle with sommelier suggestions right on the menu. For entrees; the scallops, strip steak, and short ribs were excellent. The 20oz rib eye was ordered 3x at our table. Two of our party thought it was excellent. Unfortunately one of them came out as all fat. For $47 it was very upsetting. Sides; The truffle fries were to die for. The risotto verde was good if you are looking for an overwhelming green chile flavor. The whipped potatoes and the mushrooms were delish. Dessert; the chocolate dessert was amazing, as were the doughnuts. The lemon cake was also very good. The waitress didn't bring one of our desserts which we were waiting for. By the time we realized it just wasn't coming we opted to not even mention it. Rookie mistake. Overall for a busy day it was a great meal and everyone enjoyed themselves, but for the price the steak and dessert mistakes aren't really acceptable. We would go back again regardless. All the Moms left happy.

• Visited May 2013