“What views!”
Review of World's End

World's End
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Hingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Rolling hills and rocky shorelines offer sweeping views of the Boston skyline, while tree-lined carriage paths designed by famed landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted make delightful walking trails.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

On a recent visit to the south shore of Boston, I had intended to visit the Wompatuck State Park for a hike, but friends from the area guided me here instead and I'm so glad they did! This area is on the coast and part of the Trustees of Reservations, a Massachusetts organization dedicated to preservation of land areas.

I started out on my walk after being advised on a route and given a map by the attendant on duty. The trails are well maintained and very safe inasmuch there is only one way in or out though the front gate. The views from certain areas give a beautiful skyline of downtown Boston (now I know why so many friends take the commuter boat) and the sailboats all along the shore are so pretty. It's not a terribly long walk if you're used to going over 4-5 miles,but it sure is nice. Not too many hills or difficult terrain, but a nice way to spend a couple of hours!

1  Thank RidingGirl

Reviewed November 7, 2012

a special promontory with great views of hingham harbor, hull, the boston skyline.
well kept, lovely for dogs

1  Thank Greg T
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you're looking for something different to do and want to get out and enjoy the beauty of Autumn this place will make you happy. I promise. Within moments of starting down the main trail you are greeted with beautiful views of ocean, bog and woodland. World's End is a superb spot that offers you any type of vista you could ask for. Meander along carriage paths lined in trees, rest in a meadow that overlooks the ocean and affords a prospect of the distant city or simply sit on a bench and contemplate how a piece of land this beautiful is still able to exist for the public. Next time we're bringing a picnic and spending the afternoon.
Words can't do this justice, check out everyone's photos.
The paths are meticulously maintained and it's an easy walk for even the most casual 'hiker'. Mostly flat or slight inclines. Definitely plan to spend a couple of hours here. You could easily walk the trails in under an hour but you end up stopping so often to 'take it all in' that you find a couple hours have gone by relatively quickly.
I would suggest getting there earlier in the day. By the time we pulled out of the lot at 1:30 there were multiple cars waiting to get in. The price tag of $6 seems more than fair given the beauty of the location and while I've seen some reviews complaining about this, by the time I left I felt like I would have been happy to pay more just to ensure its preservation.
If you have kids (we don't) this is a great spot for families. We saw many families with children of all ages who all seemed to be enjoying their nature walk. If you don't have kids, no worries about being surrounded...while you do see others along your walk, you are often alone as there are several different trails to follow.
Maybe next time...I'll run across Mr. Darcy.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Worlds End in Hingham, MA is a wonderful day hike. 250+ acres of land jutting into the ocean/Boston Harbour. This place provides you with multiple experiences from grassy meadows, to deep woods, to a vista view of Boston Harbour. Spent a few hours at this beautiful place. Easy hike, level trails with some grade thrown in. Parking is limited but we were able to get a spot quickly. Nice place for pictures.

1  Thank NeverGrowUp_55
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful location for a day outdoors. There is a $6.00 per person fee to get into the park, but parking is ample and free. Great for dog owner's (dogs must be leashed at all times and the park supplies Mutt Mitts at no charge), the walkways are exceptionally well maintained, I didn't see one piece of litter during our walk, plenty of benches to rest, grassy spots for picnics, wonderful view of Boston, ample parking and Port-a-Potties. We had a great time and would recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank L G