“Elegant, perfect place to entertain”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alma Nove

Alma Nove
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma Nove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln
Transit: Boat: Commuter Boat from Rowes Wharf to Hewitt"s Cove; Bus: 220 from Quincy Center
Description: Only open two weeks and reservations are a must
Boston, Massachusetts
“Elegant, perfect place to entertain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

My sister and I enjoyed a day out at Alma Nova. From the Roasted red and golden beets, aged goat cheese, endive, blood orange vinaigrette salad (WARNING: Goat cheese is hard sliced not soft) to the Butternut ravioli, local lobster, sherry laced lobster cream and Wood-grilled Atlantic salmon, seasonal vegetables, saffron butter entrees, we were satisfied and excited to found this wonderful place to have for special occasions.

It is unusual for us to get dessert but it was too tempting. Honey Crème Brûlée & Stout Tiramisu. I would go back for the brûlée but skip the tiramisu (good but too far from the authentic Italian dessert).

Bathrooms are super clean and updated, service was friendly and attentive, great bar and wonderful view of boats/water.

Enjoyable!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank 2sisterstravel

Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved Alma Nove”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

My friends, husband and I had a fabulous dinner last evening at Alma Nove. I will start by saying we had some confusion on our reservation. Three weeks before I reserved a table for 8 and when we called to check they had us down for 4. Luckily we called a couple of days before and Denise was very helpful and made the necessary correction. We had a wonderful round table facing the beautiful outside fireplace. The waitress was delightful quick with cocktails and explained the menu well. We ordered a few appetizers for the table which included some pasta dishes very nicely done. My husband ordered a pork special all proceeds from this dish went to a fund raiser in Quincy. I loved my sword fish dinner. They did make one mistake my friends food came to fast but they offered to comp his dish which was not necessary but appreciated. We own a restaurant in Boston and we're impressed. It is so important to get it right and Alma Nove does it right. Not a bad drive from the city for a nice night out. From the moment we walked in until we left they made us feel welcomed!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Joyce J
Haverhill, Massachusetts
“Fine dining in Hingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We live about 50 miles north of the restaurant and we decided to take a nice leisurely drive on a beautiful day to Alma Nove's and we were not disappointed. I ordered the Prosciutto wrapped cod, mixed greens, smoked onion, roasted tomatoes, saffron butter and it was delicious. I enjoyed and savored every bite. The waitstaff was very professional and knew every detail of the menu. The restaurant is located in the harbor and outside dining is available in season. We loved it!!!

• Visited October 2013
Boston, MA
“Loved the Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The location and atmosphere of the place can't be beat. Its a great change from Marina Bay in Quincy. The outdoor patio overlooking the marina is comfortable and warm, with a trendy fire pit and heat lamps - plus they serve food and drinks out there too. Boyfriend had the cod, said it was cooked just the way he liked it. Fall martinis were unique. My favorite part of the menu was the opprotunity to get $10 "tasting portions" of all the pasta dishes. Usually when I get pasta out it is too much to eat. I was able to sample two dishes and it was the perfect amount. Wild mushroom madeira gnocchi was my favorite. We're looking forward to returning when the weather is warmer and we can sit outside longer.

• Visited October 2013
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Four for dinner...one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Swordfish served hot and cooked perfectly. Presentation was terrific. Others had seared scallops and cod wrapped in prosciutto .....all more than happy with their meal. Two had mussels for first course...excellent.
Desserts were great too...crème brulee and a chocolate sour cream cake. No complaints at all at this table. Would return here in a heartbeat.

• Visited September 2013