“Pricey....better value at Union Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Alma Nove

Alma Nove
Reserve with OpenTable
Alma Nove is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 71 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln
Transit: Boat: Commuter Boat from Rowes Wharf to Hewitt"s Cove; Bus: 220 from Quincy Center
Description: Only open two weeks and reservations are a must
Montreal, Canada
“Pricey....better value at Union Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We went on vacation to Quincy specifically to be near Alma Nove (we watch the Phantom Gourmet and were attracted by their review). Good points: lovely atmosphere, nice location, wonderful waitress. The food is good..but the prices are very high and other restaurants in the area are just as good. Some interesting things...the lobster mashed potatoes was rich and delicious with good sized chunks of lobster. We tried the tasting portion of the crab ravioli....two pieces...the butter and saffron sauce is quite rich and I would have been better off trying something else. For the main course I had one of the specials...veal prepared on a wood burning grill...tasty but nothing special. The desserts on the other hand were excellent....had the one with a bit of coconut cake and marscarpone with fresh berries...one of the best desserts I have ever had. My husband had the cheesecake...also great...it is a relatively small round individual cake...the portions are perfect for rich desserts. You can get 10$ tasting portions of the pasta and I think the way to go would be to try a few of those or a few starters over taking the main courses. We had two meals at Union Fish and Seafood across the street and it was wonderful and a bit less pricey. One other point...Alma Nove has different menus for different time blocks....we went for dinner...but the lunch menu or the 9 to 11 pm menu .... might have been interesting and more economical.

• Visited July 2013

Manhattan
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I took a friend to Alma Nove for her birthday. We were both delighted. I loved the ambiance, lively without being too loud, aesthetically appealling, friendly service, and delicious food. Many items on the menu looked good but we couldn't order everything. To start, I had a salad, then we shared an appetizer portion of pasta, and for an entree I ordered the halibut, one of the daily specials. We were so full, we declined to order dessert, but the waitperson had overheard re: birthday, so she insisted on bringing us a complimentary dessert, which was also great. I was extremely happy with the dinner and looking forward to returning.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank demiago
New England
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

My daughter and I recently enjoyed an amazing lunch on the patio here! We had a great table outside, enjoying the view of the harbor, in the shade, with a refreshing breeze blowing. The interior of the restaurant itself is gorgeous, huge windows, bright, airy, comfortably elegant. When you first go in, at least the day we were there, the smell is AMAZING - they smoke their own salmon and ohhhhhh, yes, such a wonderful appetizing smell that is!! So, of course, I had to have salmon for lunch and wow was it spectacular - perfectly cooked, super tasty! I actually had the arugula, fig, gorgonzola, prosciutto salad, with salmon on it - if I had more thumbs than two, I would put them all up! My daughter had the lobster panini sandwich which was spectacular - the bread that the succulent lobster is sandwiched between was delicious, thick, reminiscent of a true New England lobster roll, but way better! Service was friendly, excellent. We did not have room for dessert, but we regret not getting something to take home - next time!

Renton, Washington
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a little gem in the lineup of mediocre south short eateries. Perfectly situated on the water, groovy outdoor patio and refreshingly good service. The menu is perhaps a bit too consistent. They could do well by brining in seasonal ingredients and building dishes around them. I find they hold a number of tables for walk ins, so don't give up if you cant get a rez online. Also, the bar is a great place to meet and eat.

Fairhope, Alabama
“Lovely restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you are in Hingham Shipyard, this is the restaurant you should try. The food was excellent and the service outstanding. The menu was varied and atmosphere quite inviting. The only downside is that it is quite expensive, dinner for three adults including a cocktail was almost $200.