“Fantastic date night”

Rustic Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Rustic Kitchen is a lively award winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style bistro. All of our produce, fish and meats are delivered daily and prepared by our award winning culinary team. Each of our authentic Italian pastas are handmade each day. Executive Chef Michael Kelly creates seasonally inspired menus that always source locally fresh ingredients.Stop by to try one of our signature cocktails in the Bar Café, a handmade pasta in the dining room or a fresh seasonal special outside on our patio.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I had been curious about Rustic Kitchen for awhile and we were awarded with a pleasant surprise. The menu has some really creative and well crafted options that leave you in an ongoing internal struggle. But we loved our selections and are looking forward to making our way through more of their offerings. Service was good but not necessarily the highlight. Thr tiramisu was KILLER. Will definatly be back!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Had a very nice dinner last night. Though we had an 8:30 reservation we were asked to wait an additional 15 minutes because they were very busy. I don't view this as a bad thing, just beware if making a reservation on a busy Friday night. The restaurant has a very warm feel and even the bar was was full of life.

We were sat after a bit and the server came over proptly to take our drink order and announce the specials. He was attentive and professional throughout the meal.

To start, the RK sends over a basket of bread and a pleasant white bean mix. We started with Tuna Tartare and Oysters on the Half. Both dishes were presented very well though the oyster "Display" is a little cluncky on the table. The Tartare was fresh and prepared well with great diced pieces of Tuna. Oysters were fresh as well and very tasty.

For the main courses we were pretty lame. Two orders of Scallops over risotto and two orders of Ahi Tuna prepared rare. But they both soundd great on a Good Friday. The Tuna dises were great over a freshly made Wasabi Mashed Potato. The Sea Scallops were soft and cooked perfectly but the risotto came out a little too Al dente. the two scallop dishes were taken back by the server and the manager brought out fresh plates about 5 minutes later. Unfortunately the risotto was still not to our liking, however, the server was great and brought over mashed potatoes and asparagus per our request.

Our server then took off the scallop dish and brought over an ice cream assortment with biscotti. Very classy and we will return! They were very accomodating and we ended up having a great night.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

On a Saturday night with reservations hard to come by, I was there at 5:30 PM and asked about a table for two. No reservations available until 9 PM. However, the hostess did say that if I left my name and telephone number that they will twxt me when a table becomes available. My wife and I went off shopping at the Derrby Street Shoppes and within 45 minutes, I received a text notifing me that there was a table available.
The place has great atmostphere and the service was excellent. The price was exactly like the server said it was going to be. I had the shrimp / scallops with pasta. Pasta was cooked al dente and the shrimp and scallops were to die for. My wife had sopu and salad with shrimp. Very Good.

This is a five star eating establishment !!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went to a gathering at the Rustic Kitchen where they served the food buffet style. I thought the food was fabulous, hot and a great variety and the service was outstanding. It's was unusual to have a buffet that was always full and still have hot food when you get to the table. I live out-of-state but will definitely go back on my next visit.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I were shopping for my daughter's upcoming 17th birthday, and stopped here after. I have never been here, we seated at a nice table in the bar area. Kara the bartender was our server and she was awesome, just the right amount of excellent service without being obtrusive. Plus she asked if we wanted more wine when glasses were low and the gentleman with the water constantly filled the glasses. Wife had the special swordfish with a pasta filled with pumpkine, I had the stuffed haddock, both excellent. Appetizer was 6 of the best oysters, had a lemon iced serving with the vinegrette w/onions, cocktail sauce and horseradish, perfect synergy on each oyster. Delicious.