“Great food at Derby Street!”
Review of Rustic Kitchen

Rustic Kitchen
Ranked #13 of 72 Restaurants in Hingham
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Rustic Kitchen is a lively award winning restaurant featuring New American cuisine in an Old World style bistro. All of our produce, fish and meats are delivered daily and prepared by our award winning culinary team. Each of our authentic Italian pastas are handmade each day. Executive Chef Michael Kelly creates seasonally inspired menus that always source locally fresh ingredients.Stop by to try one of our signature cocktails in the Bar Café, a handmade pasta in the dining room or a fresh seasonal special outside on our patio.
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Rustic Kitchen has really great food in the middle of the shops at Derby Street. Shoppers can take a break and nosh on some fresh, yummy fare. A great stop for those visiting Derby Street for holiday shopping,

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The food is always top notch. The menu has a nice selection with interesting choices. Good service. Good size portions. A definite favorite restaurant.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was visiting a friend in the Boston area and she brought me here for a late lunch. I am a "thin crust" pizza lover and this is one of the best I have tasted (aside from Osteria Via Stato in Chicago). They also have an excellent proscutto and olive tapenade appetizer (easily large enough for 2) that is fantastic! Service from our waiter was beyond excellent, and we even asked if they had the tapenade for sale. They didn't, but he did put together a carry-out for us, which I think went way above and beyond service at many other restaurants I have visited. We did eat inside and I did not feel it was at all noisy. We went for a late lunch so that may be why, but it was also crowded at that time, so maybe we were just fortunatel.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to Hingham to take advantage of tax free weekend yesterday to buy an iPad at the Apple store. Went late enough for dinner so easily made a reservation at 7pm.

Rustic Kitchen has a nice outdoor dining area, but it was warm and very humid, so we ate inside. High ceilings, nice atmosphere, though gets noisy, so not a choice for folks like my mother (who likes a calm dining experience.)

Our waitress was clearly overwhelmed by having tables outside AND inside (what manager decided THAT was a good idea?)She didn't tell us specials until asked, and later (overhearing another server) we discovered she only told us the entree specials ... My husband said if he'd have heard about the soup, he would have ordered it. There were a number if other missteps that led to a tip of 15 pct (unusual for this former waitress of 6 years!)
Food: calamari were perfectly cooked-delicious! Two pasta dishes: angel hair with shrimp and scallops was also delicious, though a bit richer than we expected. A lighter sauce would have been nicer. The mushroom tortellini were delicious and as expected, VERY rich. Would have liked smaller pasta - they were huge!
All in, a nice meal marred slightly by less than great service. We WILL return, so I highly recommend Rustic Kitchen Hingham.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

At the bar, in the dining room, those handcut chips are the best. They serve them as munchies and I could almost make a meal out of them they are so good. But save your appetite for any item on the menu. Lots of fun to go there and really nice atmosphere. Have been there for Mother's Day, a quick dinner at the bar, a romantic dinner for two. Works for just about any occasion.