“I will not stay here again.”

Hampton Inn Haverhill
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I am a Hiltons Honors member and prefer the Hilton brand. I was nothing but disappointed with this property.

1. I was the only one in the Lobby trying to check in at 4pm on a Sunday and yet I waited for over ten minutes until a staff member appeared out of the office to assist me.

2. As a female traveling alone for business I want to feel safe about where I am staying. I was instantly put off and was doubting my choice of hotel when I noticed the rather large gun tattoo on the hotel clerks arm . . . I then noticed all the rest. Don't get me wrong I gave nothing against tattoos, but was this the best the hotel had to be at the front desk?

3. The property itself was pleasant but only as long as you did not look hard. Carpets where filthy in the hallways.

4. I passed a housekeeper in the hall and said hello - no response back other than a glare.

5. It's now 7pm and there is someone vacuuming the halls- yes they are dirty but this is more than a days worth if dirt - couldn't they wait til the morning? What's one more day?

I'm very disappointed with this property.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Nelle_1234

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Very pleased with this Hampton Inn. Spacious, clean room, excellent service, good breakfast. Glad we stayed there. Not cheap, but worth the p Will stay again if in the area. Highly recommend. On a good route from the Berkshires to the coast.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a very nice property, beautifully decorated. Front desk service was exceptional upon check-in. Property is a little tricky finding your way into, look for signs that direct you to the property. Breakfast was very good and the attendant did a good job of keeping tables clean and the food items well stocked..

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed there for one night in September. Check-in was quick and front desk agent was very nice and welcoming. I requested a rollaway bed during check in and it was inmediately brought up to the room. There is coffee in the lobby 24 hours which was really nice. The complimentary breakfast had everything you would expect at a Hampton Inn. The hotel is within minutes from a major supermarket, drugstore, and other clothing stores (Marshall's and Burlington Coat Factory)..

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived after 10pm and after standing at the reception area for 10 min or so we were finally checked in by an efficient but less than friendly young lady who didn't look like she worked there. (maybe Hampton Inn relaxes standards after 10). The front desk staff in the morning were great.
Room was clean, breakfast was well done and the on duty staff in the breakfast area were very attentive and pleasant.
Our main complaint with this hotel would be the noise in our room coming from the adjacent room. Every time the bathroom was used next door it was like we had a front row seat :-( Maybe the contractor missed the insulation in that wall.
Overall it was not a bad experience, I feel that we got our value and will stay there again the next time we travel that way.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 16, 2013

It was very clean and very comfortable. The complementary breakfast was very good and it was convenient not to have to find a restaurant to have breakfast. Also, the staff was very courteous and helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is very well maintained, clean and the staff are friendly. I did have to wait at the front desk for a while for some help on one instance. The hotel is in a strange location tucked away behind two car dealer ships but it is not to far from down town where there are some great restaurants. I rated sleep quality poor because I do not think the beds or pillows are comfortable at Hampton Inns. This is my preference and others may think they are great. Overall the hotel was fine.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Best Western Merrimack Valley
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Red Roof Inn Salem
Red Roof Inn Salem
#2 of 4 in Salem
Sonesta ES Suites Andover

Been to Hampton Inn Haverhill? Share your experiences!