“Be Prepared to Have to Accommodate the Staff!”

Hampton Inn Haverhill
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Haverhill
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were treated as if we were bothering the staff of this hotel. We reserved a room for people with disabilities, and did NOT receive one. The one we received was in fact FAR from the elevator. Breakfast - they provide coffee but are too lazy to keep it in the breakfast area because they have it in the lobby, and it's too inconvenient for the staff to have to maintain fill levels for two coffee areas. How do I know this? The manager told me this when I gave the feedback that not having the coffee with the breakfast area was inconvenient for folks with disabilities. Skip this place - unless you are prepared to feel like an unwelcomed guest.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank James C

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The road to the Hotel is slightly difficult to find, but the hotel and its amenities are worth the effort. Clean, quiet, and up to date, with a good selection of nearby restaurants and easy access to the interstate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really have nothing negative to say except the AC..but they always keep me up unless it's central AC. Lobby and breakfast area were really nice. room was comfortable and very clean. The staff was helpful and fast. I didn't receive info on Internet use, but called the front desk and got the info. If I was ever in the area again, I would definitely stay here, attended an out of town funeral :(

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I had stayed here for the night of our wedding and it was even better than the hotel we stayed at on our honeymoon. the beds were so comfortable, I would have loved to have these at home. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hampton Inn Haverhill is convenient and easy for business in the Ward Hill and Haverhill area. . . .property is clean, safe and the staff is pleasant. The rooms are spacious, clean and nothing is too far from the lobby. Staff (late arrival) as pleasant and courteous and had me checked in before I arrived. . . handed me the key, got the card imprint and I was off to a great sleep.

Room Tip: My room was pleasant and comfortable. . . no specific guidance here. All relatively close to the lo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel was convient and room was quite during my stay. Breakfast was average at best. Fittness center treadmills are not equiped with TV's so bring your own music. Room overlooked a car lot. I understand hotel getts mixed reviews.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were a little apprehensive about staying in the Hampton as we had always been satisfied when it was Comfort Suites; however, we were pleasantly surprised. Hampton has done a lot of renovations. The rooms were extremely clean, spacious and comfortable with coffee maker and refrigerator as well as a HD TV and we liked the idea of duvet covers, which are washed every time a guest leaves, as opposed to blankets and bedspreads. Who know when they are ever cleaned! There is an abundance of sockets to plug in ipads, phones, etc. We liked the lighting around the bathroom light switch so it can be easily seen at night and also the heat lamp. The breakfast area has been enlarged and they serve an awesome breakfast with both hot and cold items as well as providing bagged breakfasts for those on the go. All of the staff are extremely efficient and friendly. We definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haverhill
Best Western Merrimack Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Andover
Hampton Inn by Hilton Amesbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Andover
Holiday Inn Express Andover North - Lawrence
Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter

Been to Hampton Inn Haverhill? Share your experiences!