“Hot ready to eat food”

A-1 Deli Incorporated
Ranked #13 of 151 Restaurants in Haverhill
Description: The A-1 Deli is really three places in one. First, there is the Deli, where you can come for a quick meal (serving breakfast, lunch or dinner). Second, there is the Cafe, where you can come for a more leisurely, complete meal with table service. Third, there is the function room, where you can host an event of up to 65 people for an exceptional, upscale dining experience.
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A1 Deli is like a hole in the wall...they have warm ready to eat meals..All kinds. One of my faves is their baked haddock and mac&cheese Friday special. All of the people there are very nice. If you choose not to have their ready to eat meals, you can also order from their menu over head. I often go for breakfast on a Saturday morning with the family. I do have to ask that they make my french toast and scrambled or omelets well done...breakfast is pretty average and prices are standard.Sometimes the bill seems too high. Good place to go for a quick meal that you dont have to wait too long for. They've been there forever, so they must be doing something right.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

i dont understand how anyone can have anything good to say about this place. In my opinion this is the worst restaurant in the world. I have had the misfortune of multiple bad meals here. Why do I keep going you ask? well i work next door so sometimes im in situations that are unavoidable. The portions are big which normally i like but the food is just plain bad. Im not saying i havnt had a worse meals at denny's but id rate this food as slightly better than my high school cafeteria. What is inexcusable though is how they treat there patrons. For instance last time i was here i ordered a soup which comes with bread and butter, i also ordered a sandwich. When i got to the register i asked where my bread was and the guy said "you dont need it you got bread on the sandwich". This is not a isolated incident these kind of incidents are common i know ppl who have had many similar experiences. For some reason the townies seem to like this place but i say dont give them your business. The food is bad, the service is bad and haverhill deserves a better diner

2  Thank Brian G
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Honestly, the prices are a little high but the amount of food makes up for it. They have all kinds of food from breakfast, salads and the most delicious turkey dinner, bread, mashed potatoes and butternut squash. They tell me that all the vegetables are from local farms in the area. The mashed potatoes have little lumps in them so you know they are actually potatoes and not a boxed potato. I went this morning to get breakfast. Total cost was $8.75 and I got two eggs, 4 sausages and the most appetizing home fries I have had in a long time. Coffee and a smile too! The same people have worked there for years and I believe it is family owned. Always people are smiling when you go there!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I came here to eat for the first time and it was an awesome experience. We ordered the ruben sandwich and chicken parm with two meat balls and ravioli. They were fantastic and we only ate half of our meals. The waitresses were awesome as well. Very good service. We will come back.again.

Reviewed June 28, 2011

This is old school, walk up to counter with tray and they prepare the food in front of you.... Big portions and nice variety. Very friendly.