Best Western Merrimack Valley
Hampton.com
$130
$116
HIExpress.com
Park View Inn Inc.(Salem)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
$106
$139
Red Roof Inn Salem(Salem)(Great Value!)
$83
$76
$159
Courtyard
$145
$119
$193
$187
All reviewsmarket baskethot tubroom was cleanbest westernsoff the highwaythe breakfast areawould stay againcontinental breakfastone night stayeasy accessnice staybagelscvsmicrowaveboston
Reviewed August 2, 2006

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in July. The Hotel had a very good price, but that is to be expected for Haverhill I guess. It was conveniently located off of I-495, which was nice. When we got to the room, we were basically put in the basement and the room was very musky. We did have a Microwave and Refridgerator in the room, which was nice, but it still had food in it from the previous guest, we called the front desk, but they said no one was there to fix it, so my wife had to clean it out for us. The rooms cleanliness was ok i guess, but it certainly could have been better. I guess I would have expected a little better from the Best Western, it almost seemed like a Motel 6 when it came to cleanliness.

They said they provided wireless internet, but we spent more time on the phone with their "text support" than actually being online, then when we went to use their computer in the lobby (since wireless didnt work), they charged us, IN HAVERHILL!! wonderful.

We found this hotel to have a major ANT problem. Not only did we find ants in our room, but we actually saw them in the hallway and also saw them near the "Breakfast Bistro," which incidently had a wonderful continental breakfast. We did think the breakfast attendant had a serious attitude problem though, she kept looking at us with an evil eye every time we got more coffee.

We were also awaken multiple times in the morning with knocks on the door from housekeeping. Why they would knock when we have the Do Not Disturb sign on the door is beyond me. Another issue with housekeeping is that their "headquarters" are located in the basement with some of the rooms, and they were extremely loud. All i could hear was laughing and giggling through our door.

My wife and I did get a kick out of the fact that they were trying to sell these "cotton ball" holders in their rooms, and I thought I had seen everything.

When it came to customer service, we found the porter/maintenance gentleman to be AWESOME. I believe his name was Robert. He seemed like the prize in that hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, check-in was a mess. The desk was obviously understaffed (or un-trained). There was a woman at the desk who seemed rather confused with a line of 3 or 4 guests beind her. Then there was what seemed to be a manager just standing by the pool door talking on his cell phone, extremely unprofessional.

There was an indoor pool, my wife and I never used it, but it seemed to be in decent shape. I will end my review on one note, I am not sure if they own the vending machines/soda machines internally or if they have a local company keep them up, but the prices were absolutely insane, God knows how they sell anything with those prices, but it really is taking advantage of their guests when they start charging prices like that. I understand the meaning of making money, but lets be serious, Management should realize how this looks.

If you are looking for an economical hotel where all you need is a bed to sleep in, this is your place, but if your looking for more than one night, i suggest not staying ANYWHERE in Haverhill, go down to Tewksburry/Lowell area, but better hotels, believe me.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 3, 2006

My wife, teenage son & I stayed for 1 night & found this hotel to be above average. The rooms do need to be updated but were clean. The staff was helpful. The location isn't bad. There's a CVS Pharmacy next door that could be helpful. The breakfast is one of the better ones with many choices (including a waffle maker). I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Art_Vandeleigh
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We stayed here for five nights in late June and early July of 2006. The hotel is very conveniently located just off I-495. Checking in was quick and easy, and our room was large, clean, and well kept. It is a plus to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The continental breakfast provided an adequate selection, although the breakfast room was a bit crowded on a few mornings. I was nice that it stayed open until 10:30 on weekends. When we had a minor problem with the toilet, the staff reponded very rapidly.

The only quibble I had was the timing of housekeeping. The housekeeping staff routinely knocked on the door and attempted to clean the room between 9 AM and 10 AM. This is unconventional and just too early (even before breakfast is closed)! I had to tell them on three occasions to come back in an hour or two. On one day, this meant that we were skipped entirely. Happily, the remaining staff responded with new towels, etc., when we notified them in the late afternoon that we were skipped that day. The housekeeping staff even tried to clean the room around 9:15 AM on the day we were checking out! This makes no sense, even from their perspective. Housekeeping needs to start later in the day and stay later; there seems to be a lack of common sense in their supervision.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank Western55
Reviewed January 29, 2006

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. No problems, room was good size, free continental breakfast was good, hours are 7 - 10:30 am which is nice, beds quite comfortable. Good location, decent pool, downside - no bar, no sauna, no suites. Would stay again as I don't think the comfort suites hotel has a pool for the kids.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank vtdean
A TripAdvisor Member
Oakland Park, FL
Reviewed October 13, 2005

Very very friendly staff. Nice indoor pool and hot tub that was kept very hot. Too hot actually for my taste. Great breakfast but get there early as they close promptly at 9 30 which is not good for a late sleeper. Wireless internet worked well.

• Stayed: October 2005